Android, Nexus 7, not folding ...[solved]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ChristianVirtual

Android, Nexus 7, not folding ...[solved]

Post by ChristianVirtual »

I don't know how it happen but even as official iFanboy I have an Asus Nexus 7 with KitKat 4.4.4 (Kernel 3.4.0) and eventually managed to download the Android-based folding app.

Wifi, 100% charged, time-setting perfect ... it says all starting condition given with check mark (3 in total) ... but no contribution ...

What can I check, what could be the problem ? Any idea ? Is this the right place ? Should we have a new sub-section for Android ?
Last edited by ChristianVirtual on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
VijayPande
Pande Group Member

Re: Android, Nexus 7, not folding ...

Post by VijayPande »

We’ll forward this to the Sony team.
Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD
Departments of Chemistry, Structural Biology, and Computer Science
Chair, Biophysics
Director, Folding@home Distributed Computing Project
Stanford University
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

A slightly different but related issue is that the notification menu will say that the conditions are not met, but the app will show blue checkboxes next to all of the items. Even though my phone was connected to power, connected to WiFi, and within the time window, it was not 100% charged. Thus the notification window was correct, but the blue checkboxes indicated that the app was ready. The blue check next to the power requirement should not have been there as the phone was not fully charged.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Or there should be a 4th box, on charger AND 100% charged?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
ilkyest

Post by ilkyest »

yeah, it's correct... plugged to charger AND fully charged

I've noted it yesterday, on my asus zenphone 5
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Ok, finally I plugged into the charger instead of the hub and its folding. Somehow the new version made it more clear that the power condition is not given.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net