Only Connecting...

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

McMagnus

Only Connecting...

Post by McMagnus »

I have tried FAH for Android on three devices but on all 3, the only thing happening is the "Research type" changing into "Connecting", and then nothing.

My OnePlus One phone was at it all last night, 7.5h.
A Sony Z4 Tablet has been "Connecting" for more than an hour now.
A Nexus 9 just just started, but shows the same.

What's up?
bruce

Re: Only Connecting...

Post by bruce »

This topic: not folding ...[solved] suggests that the requirement to have both (A) the device fully charged and (B) have it connected to the charge is poorly identified. Are you meeting both of those conditions?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Hello McMagnus and andyrblank. Welcome to the Folding Support Forum.

If the phone has met the minimum requirements to fold, connected to the charger, 100% charge, and a WiFi connection, then there isn't much more we can do in this forum.

This Android client was designed by, and is supported by Sony. Please see the links in this forum post about where to get news and support for this client. viewtopic.php?f=100&t=27715 See also the Developer contact links at the bottom of the Google Play - Folding client page where the client was downloaded: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ting&hl=en
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
McMagnus

Post by McMagnus »

Hi again

All devices have started working now, so it seems to have been a server side problem (which is why I posted here in the first place.)

No updates have been done on any of my devices, but last night all of them started to connect and download data, so something must have happened on the server side.

All 3 icons were of course green, otherwise the Research type doesn't even change from "No contribution done yet" to "Connecting".