Inability to change settings after upgrade

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

DWC

Inability to change settings after upgrade

Post by DWC »

Since a recent upgrade of the android app I have been unable to change the time settings - the clock seems to have disappeared. Currently my contribution starts after 3 in the morning, and, as I am up by 6.30, and turn off my phone charger I am losing nearly 3 hours of contribution time. Any suggestions? I am using Android version 5.0.2
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Inability to change settings after upgrade

Post by 7im »

Hello DWC, welcome to the Folding Support Forum.

If the phone has met the minimum requirements to fold, connected to the charger, 100% charge, and a WiFi connection, then there isn't much more we can do in this forum.

I did notice on the latest Folding@phone blog post these comments:

◾settings screen has been removed. No need to configure anything!
◾contribute processing time continuously: just connect to a WiFi network and a charger.

This Android client was designed by, and is supported by Sony. Please see the links in this forum post about where to get news and support for this client. viewtopic.php?f=100&t=27715 See also the Developer contact links at the bottom of the Google Play - Folding client page where the client was downloaded: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ting&hl=en
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
DWC

Post by DWC »

Thanks. It would be a good idea if that was added to the setup guide info, if there's no other way to let ordinary users know
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

DWC wrote:Thanks. It would be a good idea if that was added to the setup guide info, if there's no other way to let ordinary users know
I wasn't aware of an Android client setup guide on the Folding@home web site. Did you mean a guide in another location?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
cristipurdel

Post by cristipurdel »

Are there any settings implemented to select the CPU or GPU of the android device?
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

no, only CPU folding to my understanding at this point in time. Since some GPUs on mobile devices supporting OpenCL there might be some change in the future; only Sony and PG knows ...
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
bruce

Post by bruce »

In the view of the Android software developers, "settings are no longer needed"