Improbable stats ...

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

AJMSmith

Improbable stats ...

Post by AJMSmith »

Is there anywhere I can check my ranking as far as mobile folding is concerned?

The app I've got on my phone seems to imply that the 10 top folders have all contributed over 10 years worth (each), the top 4 over 100 years each and the top 2 over 400 years each.

This seems a more than little over the top especially since the names at the top of the list seem to come and go on a regular basis.
bruce

Re: Improbable stats ...

Post by bruce »

The Android statistics are maintained by Sony, not from Stanford. You'll have to ask them about that.

How many phones do you have contributing to FAH?
CygnusXI

Post by CygnusXI »

There was a comment on reddit about this. It seemed to imply that a stats tracking feature for mobile folding*might* be working its way onto the scene eventually... I don't think its a top priority issue, so if it happens it could be a while from now. I charged up an old phone that needs a reset / cleaning to dedicate to folding without needing to have my new phone near wifi 12 hours a day, again though, priorities have even that one task of a phone reset on the back burner compared to running a growing gpu cluster. I remember when the ideas of using phones was considered silly, yet we have a 2nd release of the app now, I expect we will see many more cool mobile folding options in the not so distant future. Development is headed up by Sony on this one right now, you can always submit requests there as Bruce said.
maj28

Post by maj28 »

For weeks I was in the Top 50 for the app (contantly fluctuates).... and I can tell you EXACTLY why.

I have an old Moto Xoom tablet that I don't use anymore, I have it crunching away literally 24/7, plus my phone at night usually. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I use the same google account for all my personal devices, so the scores add together.

If you have 2 old devices (plus one overnight only device) you can just plug in and run for a few weeks you could be in the top 10 in no time.

-Jason
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

In some cases I still wonder how many dozen devices people using on the top ... What worries me with the stats that some names popped up and disappeared. Wonder if they found a way to cheat but luckily got catched.

My only nexus 7 tablet brought me already into top 100 crunching 24/7. if just iOS would be supported ... I could activate my private army of iOS devices.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

I jumped in few days from 3800 hours to more then 48'000; more then 10 times ; with only one device. There is something really wrong with Sony's stats system. Somehow the week counter with 289 is quite off. Or are we using now multi cores ?
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net