Power slider has no effect. Total Points display incorrect.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

PFM
Hardware configuration: MacBook Air 2020 i5 Quad Core
Lenovo SL410 Intel P9600 Core 2 Duo

Power slider has no effect. Total Points display incorrect.

Post by PFM »

Running 7.5.1 on Windows 10 PC. CPU mode. Reporting three issues -

1. In Web Control or Advanced Control the power slider has no effect. CPU usage stays at "High" setting only. Cant lower it to Medium or Low. The Pause/On Idle works fine though.

2. Total points shown in Web Control are not correct. They dont match with the actual total points that are displayed on the stats page when you click on the "See Stats" link. My stats page shows I have 235K points but the web control shows 197K only.

3. In Chrome browser, Web Control does not display properly, keeps reloading/flashing. Works fine in MS Edge and Firefox.

Please advise if anything can be checked or modified to resolve any of these issues.
Thanks.
--
bruce

Re: Power slider has no effect. Total Points display incorre

Post by bruce »

PFM wrote:1. In Web Control or Advanced Control the power slider has no effect. CPU usage stays at "High" setting only. Cant lower it to Medium or Low. The Pause/On Idle works fine though.
Confirmed. Lowering the power slider setting changes the GPU slots to "on idle" and resumes GPU folding. It does nothing to a CPU slot.

See https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-issues/issues/1300

For full conttol of CPU utilization, ignore the slider and manually configure your CPU slot to use K of N of your threads (CPUs) in FAHClient + Slots + Edit the CPU slot and set the desired number near the top.
bruce

Post by bruce »

PFM wrote:2. Total points shown in Web Control are not correct. They dont match with the actual total points that are displayed on the stats page when you click on the "See Stats" link. My stats page shows I have 235K points but the web control shows 197K only.
I' not sure howto address this issue. When the QuickReturnBonus program was adopted, some projects got "Baseline Points" and others had a bonus added. The bonus makes a very significant difference.

When the passkey was added, complexity increased again, effectively splitting your "account" into several fragments. Are ALL of your points credited under the same passkey?

When the WUs is uploaded, FAHControl always reports the points for that WU assuming you have a qualified passkey, even when you don't.

WebControl needs to be re-synced with your stats page based on both your FAH Name and the Passkey in your configuration ignoring the current WU(s).
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

Is there a reason not to use FAHControl (instead of using the webclient)?
bruce

Post by bruce »

PFM wrote:3. In Chrome browser, Web Control does not display properly, keeps reloading/flashing. Works fine in MS Edge and Firefox.
It took me a while to get Chrome installed (Win10/Edge/Win_security does it's best to prevent Chrome from installing. -- I had no such difficulties when I installed Firefox or Opera.) Nevertheless I'm currently running https://client.foldingathome.org/ inside of it without difficulties. I'm not sure what's different.