How to open Advanced Control on startup

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

How to open Advanced Control on startup

Postby Luscious » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Noob question this may be , but I'm curious if there is a way to configure F@H so that the Advanced Control window pops up when I double click the Folding@Home icon (FAHClient.exe). At the moment it will just start the software and show the notification icon in the bottom right. I'd like to avoid having to right click there and select advanced control every time.

Also, I am on 7.4.4 - have there been changes in 7.5.1 that require an update?
Luscious

Re: How to open Advanced Control on startup

Postby foldy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Start Advanced Control that way: C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient\FAHControl.exe
foldy

Postby toTOW » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 pm

There's also a link to FAHControl in Start menu > FAHClient.
Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.

FAH-Addict : latest news, tests and reviews about Folding@Home project.

toTOW
Site Moderator

Postby Luscious » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:58 am

Hmmm... I tried both steps above but I get an empty Advanced Control window. FAHClient.exe needs to be running first in order for FAHControl.exe to be able to display what's happening.

I've noticed that the desktop shortcut for Folding@Home links to the HideConsole application, because FAHClient.exe itself only opens a command prompt window.

I could probably fix it by running both at Windows startup, except that I prefer to start F@H manually since I use the machine it's installed on for other things as well.
Luscious

Postby bruce » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:11 am

Luscious wrote:Hmmm... I tried both steps above but I get an empty Advanced Control window. FAHClient.exe needs to be running first in order for FAHControl.exe to be able to display what's happening.

I've noticed that the desktop shortcut for Folding@Home links to the HideConsole application, because FAHClient.exe itself only opens a command prompt window.

I could probably fix it by running both at Windows startup, except that I prefer to start F@H manually since I use the machine it's installed on for other things as well.

HideConsole is a Windows tool equivalent to Linux's 1>/dev/null and has nothing to do with FAHControl.

FAHControl needs to be started with the right environment, including setting the current directory to FAH's data directory.
bruce

Return to V7.5.1 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X