ERROR:WU01:FS02:Exception:Failed reading core package header

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

BuzzT

ERROR:WU01:FS02:Exception:Failed reading core package header

Post by BuzzT »

Hi @ all,

after removing some GPUS from my rig with 8 GPUS, I now have 4 left in it. To avoid problems, I uninstalled the previously perfectly working V7.5.1 and deleted the data as well. After installing new and setting up everything again, all 4 adapters were recognized: two GTX 1060 3GB and two GTX 1050 Ti. But for several hours now I can't start folding but get the "Failed reading core package header" in my log. Seems like I'm having problems with the Core_21.fah all of a sudden. I'm running win 10 64bit. Installed the drivers again by doing a clean install already but no change. Excluded the two folders from the all seeing eye of the defender already.

Any ideas?

Thank you all for your input.

BuzzT
bruce

Re: ERROR:WU01:FS02:Exception:Failed reading core package he

Post by bruce »

This problem is not releated to hardware or drivers, but to the security software on your computer. See the information in the footer of this post.

Lacking that information, I don't know what OS you're running, nor do I have any idea what security software you're running. Something is "protecting" your system from downloading the necessary FAH Core file.

One recent example shows a similar issue. Even though that's a Linux system, and your system is most likely Windows, the same idea applies. You need to configure your security software to let FAHClient through the firewall.
BuzzT

Post by BuzzT »

Thanks a lot for the reply, but it appears , that you didn't read my question completely. I stated that I am running Win 10 64bit and that I exluded both FAH folders from scanning activity from the defender AV software. The firewall is configured already and doesn't block the traffic from FAH.
But fortunately we can close this thread. Just a few minutes ago I was able to find the culprit which was indeed the hardware: One of my GTX 1060 3GB GPUS caused the error. After putting it into another machine I got exactly the same error like I had in the first PC. Curiously in the second PC that error came still up after removing the faulty GPU. Only when using System Restore and installing FAH software new, I had that up and running without problems again. The GPU will now RMA.

Thank you Bruce. Have a great week.

BuzzT
bruce

Post by bruce »

So you're suggesting that the problem was associated with a corruption of FAH's working files or those directories -- and/or a faulty GPU? I'm not sure I understand which of your steps resolved the issue for you, but I'm certainly glad it's resolved.

When you removed the faulty GPU from the second machine, were you able to determine which step in the reinstall/refresh of some/all of disk files/software finally resolved the problem?