Webcontrol points "Loading"

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Thor

Webcontrol points "Loading"

Post by Thor »

Hello.
On my Web control, I got a "Loading" message instead of viewing my points.
I answered some other members of my team and some answered they have the same problem.
Is it a known issues ?

bruce

Re: Webcontrol points "Loading"

Post by bruce »

WebControl is working for me.

In your case, web control is partially working in that it's reporting that FAHClient has downloade a WU and it's being processed by your RTX2080 GPU and you do have an identity configured. The data that are supposed to be displayed in the field where I see "Loading" is a report of your current points and your team statistics.

If I go to https://stats.foldingathome.org/donors I see that there is a member of team 51 named -[[PcPerfLeMag]_foo_fight but nobody named [PcPerfLeMag]_Thor Either you misconfigured your name when you set up the client, or you'll have to wait until enough points are accumulated under the new name.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Thanks for your answer but my pseudo is with a "[PcPerfLeMag]_Thor" not "[PcPerf>eMag]_Thor" (https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/141547), I'm not a great folder but I'm on it since few years now :wink:

On one forum of my team I ask others members if they got the same problem and for the moment 6 members answered yes.
Personally I don't really pay attention of what is displayed on the webcontrol, just the progress bar but an other member says it's like that for some month.

I know it's not really a big thing but it still a little weird.
bruce

Post by bruce »

OK. I fixed my typographic error in my earlier post. In any case, the name/team shown in WebControl reports whatever data are in your config file. and I didn't see that name on that team. Probably you hadn't waited until there were recorded points to be found in whatever database WebControl is searching.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Your points are being reported in the flat files supplied for 3rd party stats sites, for example - https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&u=148639. Your team is active enough for the EOC site to report your individual stats.

From looking into this in the past, the F@h official stats that the client links to appear to be prioritized to active folders and those over a minimum point level. From the EOC site you were inactive for several weeks about a month ago. Eventually your username should reach the threshold amount of activity and the web control will report your points.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Thor

Post by Thor »

Hello I know I'm not a regular folder but for example a more regular folder, [Zebulon.fr]_Kana-chan (https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&u=448931) report the same problem.

I answered the people of my team to know if they got the same problem, six says yes and only one say no.
The only one where it works he's the only one who don't have any special characters "[" and "]".
Are you sure there is not an issue with that characters ?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The special characters might be the issue, but I am aware of others with them in their usernames who have not run into this problem.

The stats have been modified over the years to be more robust dealing with choices for usernames. However use of special characters besides the underscore - "_" - has been strongly recommended against since the beginning. See the first two entries of this FAQ - https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/s ... usernames/. So if this a is a stats display bug related to use of non-recommended characters in usernames it may take a while to get fixed.

P.S. You have now been active enough to show up in the team listing on the official stats. Your username was not showing there yesterday when Bruce and I looked.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
DK-tastrophe

Post by DK-tastrophe »

Hi,
Same problem for me (and others of our team) but only since client v.7.5.1.
Donor = [Zebulon.fr]_DK, folder since 12 years for team 51 Alliance Francophone
(donor id = 28890 ← sorry, i can't post link)
j'ai fait don de mon core à la science...
Kana-chan

Post by Kana-chan »

Hello,

I am the [Zebulon.fr]_Kana-chan user that Thor speaks about.
I can tell that since October or November, there is a problem with the name of people who folds.
Before, the web control displays correctly the points, even with these special characters.
But now, the names are not case-sensitives than they were before. So there was something different since these days.
My understanding is that now, the special characters like "[" and "]" are maybe used for regular expressions and if the name contains theses characters, then a problem occurs.
These kind of characters must be escaped or changed by the ASCII corresponding code before been used to match a name.
And removing the case-sensitive property of names was not the best idea.

My 2 cents.
------------------
Regards, Kana-chan.
ImageImage
bruce

Post by bruce »

It should be fixed now.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Hello and thanks, no more loading :D

But there is still a problem, the link to my stat is correct but the number of points stay to zero.
I sent a new Wu, waiting it to be counted in the stat and few hours later, always to zero point.

Thor

Post by Thor »

Hello.

It works :D
The points earned are displayed on the Webcontrol but there still a small problem, there is a difference between the points displayed on the webcontrol and on the page of the official stats.

At the moment I write, 2 686 285 points on the stats but only 2 359 749 in the webcontrol.
It's missing 326 536 points, more than my prod in one week.

Same for Kana chan (and others) he has a difference of 6 414 535 points between the points displayed in the webcontrol and on he's stat page.
rwh202
Hardware configuration: 8x GTX 1080
3x GTX 1080 Ti
3x GTX 1060
Various other bits and pieces

Post by rwh202 »

I believe Webcontrol shows stats for the entered username + passkey combination.

However, the stats page doesn't use passkey and combines points for a username, including those with and without any passkey. Could that account for the differences seen?
bruce

Post by bruce »

There will be differences if you started folding before passkeys were introduced -- and if you happen to have a common name, other people may also be using that name. The only way to differentiate between "Jonh, passkey1" and "john, passkey2" and John, no-passkey" -- and for that matter, the toal for all "John" points is to require a match of both DB Keys.
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

In fahcontrol I notice the same things.
I guess also, if a WU gets delayed (paused) or if you're on a slow internet, not up and downloads may run a bit slower, and actual PPD (shown in the stats) may end up being lower than what the client or web client is telling you.