Is unattended setup of Windows client possible?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

debs3759

Is unattended setup of Windows client possible?

Post by debs3759 »

I am creating a customised, trimmed down Windows 10 setup disk, and adding apps to post-install. Can v7.5.1 on Windows 10 Pro x64 be setup in unattended mode, with command line parameters to setup my ID, Team ID, passkey and just a GPU slot?
JimboPalmer

Re: Is unattended setup of Windows client possible?

Post by JimboPalmer »

Folding@home is very concerned that unscrupulous persons might try to install the client on computers they do not own.

As such, I would not expect any assistance in your goal.

For my employers 55 PC's, I kept the name, team number, and passcode on a USB drive and used wordpad to copy/paste them into the web client. (Yes, I had written permission from the Executive Director)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Post by foldy »

If you can automatically create a file in post-install then you can create the FAH config file with your settings. And instead of running the fah installer you can extract the files and copy them to a FAHclient folder in post-install step. Or try the flag /S at the fah installer which is default silent install for nullsoft installers.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Note that you must install FAHClient on each computer independently. The first time FAHClient connects to a server, it receives a (hidden) UserID which identifies that installation. If you clone that OS, you'll end up duplicating the UserID, and you don't want that to happen.

Note: UserID is not related to User_Name