Linux Mint 19.2/.3 Freezes During CPU or GPU Folding

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

HaloJones

Re: Linux Mint 19.2/.3 Freezes During CPU or GPU Folding

Post by HaloJones »

65C is what the temperature sensor is reporting but individual elements of the chip may be hotter than that. We're just making suggestions. Your problem is not commonplace so rather than it being the FAH software that works for many other people with no issue it's more likely to be your hardware or OS or drivers. To rule out the hardware, just try ramping the fans or underclocking the card for 48 hours.
single 1070

Betroz

Post by Betroz »

HaloJones wrote:65C is what the temperature sensor is reporting but individual elements of the chip may be hotter than that. We're just making suggestions. Your problem is not commonplace so rather than it being the FAH software that works for many other people with no issue it's more likely to be your hardware or OS or drivers. To rule out the hardware, just try ramping the fans or underclocking the card for 48 hours.
Thank you for the reply. I get that, but as I said, the card is folding with no problems under Windows 10.

Edit : I am looking into other possibilities for the cause of the problem.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Betroz wrote:I am looking into other possibilities for the cause of the problem.
Let us know what you find.
Betroz

Post by Betroz »

bruce wrote:
Betroz wrote:I am looking into other possibilities for the cause of the problem.
Let us know what you find.
I believe I have found the cause of the problem, and it was not the graphics card, the folding software or Linux Mint. I kept getting WHEA cache errors related to my CPU in Windows' Event Viewer too. What I did was I dropped my cache/Uncore from 4500 Mhz down to stock 4300 Mhz, and bumped VCCSA voltage a notch. So far so good. Yes, It was my fault. Sorry :oops: