Managing CPU threads

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

JimboPalmer

Re: Managing CPU threads

Post by JimboPalmer »

Um, hijack is the exactly right word.

Your post to a closed thread had nothing to do with the existing thread, which confused the volunteers trying to help you.

Had you wisely made a thread with title about the problem you were having, it would have been much shorter and more pleasant. It is sad you can't accept that it was all in your control.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
M&M_Dutch
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU: Intel Processor Cores 6, Threads 12, Specification: Intel Core i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz
Motherboard: Manufacturer: Intel Corporation, Model NUC10i7FNB (U3E1)
Graphics: Monitor = BenQ GW2470 on Intel UHD Graphics
Current Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
Work Resolution 1920x1040 pixels
State Enabled, Primary
Monitor Width 1920
Monitor Height 1080
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 59 Hz

Intel UHD Graphics:
Manufacturer Intel
Model UHD Graphics

Post by M&M_Dutch »

JimboPalmer wrote:Um, hijack is the exactly right word.

Your post to a closed thread had nothing to do with the existing thread, which confused the volunteers trying to help you.

Had you wisely made a thread with title about the problem you were having, it would have been much shorter and more pleasant. It is sad you can't accept that it was all in your control.
Hahaha! There's one sad thing alright, and that's the arrogance of your post. Goodbye.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Part of the problem is that we don't really "close" threads. (Anybody can add a comment to really old topics.) We expect that everybody will stay on-topic based on the original title and goal of the thread but that doesn't always happen.

For active topics, we can merge several discussions into a single thread (when they're all about the same issue) and we can split a thread that goes off-topic (like this one) but we always prefer things to be self-moderated.