New W/U not downloding. GPU's are sitting idle.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Unclebadtouch

New W/U not downloding. GPU's are sitting idle.

Post by Unclebadtouch »

Well, I've been reading through some of these posts, and it appears I'm not alone. This stinks b/c I'm a serious folder and I was poised to have my best week yet, ending yesterday. I tried many of the usual things. I even switched to 3 other browsers, thinking it was Firefox's browser that was screwing me over. I even tried installing an older version of Firefox, and I lost all my bookmarks - year's worth!

It's weird, though, I tried running my client in 3 other browsers, after setting one of them as the default browser, once for each browser. All 3 of the browser's screens would flicker every 4 seconds or so. The folding strength setting keeps snapping from FULL back to LOW every time I move it back to FULL.
Nathan_P
Hardware configuration: Asus Z8NA D6C, 2 x5670@3.2 Ghz, , 12gb Ram, GTX 980ti, AX650 PSU, win 10 (daily use)

Asus Z87 WS, Xeon E3-1230L v3, 8gb ram, KFA GTX 1080, EVGA 750ti , AX760 PSU, Mint 18.2 OS

Not currently folding
Asus Z9PE- D8 WS, 2 E5-2665@2.3 Ghz, 16Gb 1.35v Ram, Ubuntu (Fold only)
Asus Z9PA, 2 Ivy 12 core, 16gb Ram, H folding appliance (fold only)

Re: New W/U not downloding. GPU's nothing....

Post by Nathan_P »

unfortunatelyu the servers are being hammered and can't keep up with demand. As for tyhe browser issues I can't help as I use FAHControl to control folding.
zexmaxwell

Post by zexmaxwell »

The F@H Website client for your browser is kinda buggy. I suggest checking the advance mode to make sure that setting is on full.
you can do this by right clicking on the F@H tray icon and hit Advance control. on that window you should see the setting.

Please note that the folding at home servers are getting hammered by other donors like you. you will get a WU once the servers get to you in queue.
My room is always Hot.
Unclebadtouch

Post by Unclebadtouch »

zexmaxwell wrote:The F@H Website client for your browser is kinda buggy. I suggest checking the advance mode to make sure that setting is on full.
you can do this by right clicking on the F@H tray icon and hit Advance control. on that window you should see the setting.

Please note that the folding at home servers are getting hammered by other donors like you. you will get a WU once the servers get to you in queue.
By buggy, do you mean the client can move my setting from FULL to MEDIUM or LIGHT on its own? I have been keeping an eye on it, though.

I sure wish serious, dedicated folders would get higher priority in the queue. I'm ranked 430 in individual users, and I'm losing too many points! lol