Client for OpenSUSE

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

digitalbreath

Client for OpenSUSE

Post by digitalbreath »

Hi all!

I'm new to the forums so please bear with me if this has been already asked here... before posting I did a quick search and nothing showed up.
In the Requirements section, OpenSUSE is mentioned as a supported OS but there is no official client for this Linux distribution. I tried the one for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora and the installation fails with:

Problem: nothing provides bzip2-libs needed by fahviewer-7.5.1-1.x86_64
Problem: nothing provides bzip2-libs needed by fahclient-7.5.1-1.x86_64

I then searched and it seems like bzip2-libs is not available at all for OpenSUSE

So, is there any way to get FaH running on OpenSUSE at all?

Thanks in advance!

BR
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Re: Client for OpenSUSE

Post by foldy »

bigvbguy

Post by bigvbguy »

Did you get this running? The bzip issue was only the first. There are many more that I've run into, and I'm wondering if you got any further. There were a number of missing library files, but even after making sure I installed the required version, running the client still gives this type of error:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/FAHClient: /lib64/libssl.so.10: version `libssl.so.10' not found (required by /usr/bin/FAHClient)
/usr/bin/FAHClient: /lib64/libcrypto.so.10: version `OPENSSL_1.0.1_EC' not found (required by /usr/bin/FAHClient)
/usr/bin/FAHClient: /lib64/libcrypto.so.10: version `libcrypto.so.10' not found (required by /usr/bin/FAHClient)
bigvbguy

Post by bigvbguy »

I found an older thread -- viewtopic.php?f=89&t=30996#p302772 -- that describes the method for getting the 7.5.1 client running on openSUSE Leap 15. It seems that the problem I'm encountering is that my libopenssl package is too new.

Has anyone found a successful workaround? I'm on openSUSE Leap 15.1, and I haven't been able to find an old enough package even if I wanted to risk downgrading to the right version.