Very low points since getting passkey

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

PACE

Very low points since getting passkey

Post by PACE »

Hi,
today I got a passkey entered into FAH on 2 clients and both show that I will get good points for each WU but once completed, my account is updating with a very small number of points. For example, I have completed a couple of WUs since putting the passkey in, one of which was showing as around 40000 points as it completed, and the other was 63000 IIRC but my account shows just 590 points since entering the passkey. Before I was on 190000 or so, so it is strange to see such a low amount even though I "should" be getting more points than before.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
jonault

Re: Very low points since getting passkey

Post by jonault »

Now that you have a passkey, that effectively gives you a new unique user id so your point totals reset. If you were folding before under the user name "PACE", your points were getting lumped in with anyone else that was using the name "PACE" - the server couldn't tell you apart from anyone else using that name. But now that you have a passkey, your points are uniquely associated with that name AND passkey, but that separates them from the points you earned before getting the passkey.
PACE

Post by PACE »

I turned in 24 over the last 48 hours or so before getting the passkey. Since inputting the key, only maybe 6 or so. I just completed another one and despite it saying I was going to get 48000 points, my stats have not updated and are showing a total of 590 still.
PACE

Post by PACE »

Does inputting a passkey create a new profile/user or should my history remain?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Your points don't actually reset, they are still viewable by searching on just the username. The stats lookup on the Web Control searches by both the username and passkey, so only shows points that match both.

The QRB bonus points kick in after you have completed and turned in 10 WU's with that username and passkey. However the client has no way of checking whether that has occurred, its estimated points are calculated based on whether or not a passkey has been entered into the client software.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3