Configure F@H to start automatically

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Yesorno

Configure F@H to start automatically

Post by Yesorno »

I'm running F@H on Windows 10.

I just installed it on my laptop. During the install, I chose "Custom install (Advanced)" and set it to "Start manually (Expert)"

I'm trying to go back to the default option, which is that F@H starts automatically on boot up. I can't find anything in the Advanced Control settings to change this. How can I change that option without reinstalling F@H and doing an "Express install"?
Yesorno

Re: Configure F@H to start automatically

Post by Yesorno »

Anyone?
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

I can't remember the steps off the top of my head but my approach would be to uninstall F@H (you can leave the Data in place by not ticking the box to delete the data while uninstalling it). I would then re-install it with the correct settings.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
Stel2112
Hardware configuration: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Six Core, 3.4GHz
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290X
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX, 3200MHz, 16GB

Post by Stel2112 »

Assuming everything is in default locations, first create a shortcut to run FAH (Right click the desktop, click 'new', click 'shortcut', for the location of the item enter:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient\HideConsole.exe" C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient\FAHClient.exe

(with the quotes), click 'next', give it another name if you want, and click 'finish'). If you want FAH to startup automatically at windows logon for your account, just copy the shortcut to the startup folder at:

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

while logged into the windows account you want it to run on.

If you want to run this on a 'standard', non-administrator account in Windows 10 and are having issues, check out this post:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=33531
Yesorno

Post by Yesorno »

PantherX wrote:I can't remember the steps off the top of my head but my approach would be to uninstall F@H (you can leave the Data in place by not ticking the box to delete the data while uninstalling it). I would then re-install it with the correct settings.
Thanks, this worked. I didn't know you could "keep" information when uninstalling.