Client not started on Windows 10

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

kostuek

Re: Client not started on Windows 10

Post by kostuek »

Honestly, since this is a professional computer, I would avoid messing around with it too much. For educational reasons you could try to run clinfo (https://github.com/Oblomov/clinfo scroll down for windows binaries) to get some additional informations about what is going on in terms of OpenCL there.
Stel2112
Hardware configuration: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Six Core, 3.4GHz
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290X
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX, 3200MHz, 16GB

Post by Stel2112 »

Windows firewall can block internet access on a per app basis, so it is possible to connect to http://assign1.foldingathome.org:8080 on a web browser while not on the FAH client. You can temporarily disable windows firewall to check (find the setting "Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off").
lanix

Post by lanix »

to kostuek, do not worry about the professional computer, we have one for each people and we can do whatever we want on them. If there is a problem we can easily format it, theses machines are for big compilation software and they do anything else.
You speak about OpenCL, and yes I have an error on it but for me OpenCL is related to the GPU, since I do not have one, I think the error comes from there, what do you think ?
to Stel2112, I just tried to disable the windows defender firewall but nothing change. the idea was good but it does not seems to be that.
Is there a kind of debug sotfware that anyone knows about which can confirm me that an application cannot access to the foldingathome.org domain ?
I tried to ping the server but even on my personal computer it does not work, they probably disable ICMP packets for security reason.
kostuek

Post by kostuek »

You speak about OpenCL, and yes I have an error on it but for me OpenCL is related to the GPU, since I do not have one, I think the error comes from there, what do you think ?
Just thought it's strange that OpenCL appears at all in the log, since there is no GPU. Not sure how the client behaves in that case.