VBA32 antivirus detects BScope TrojanBanker Gozi.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

czleq

VBA32 antivirus detects BScope TrojanBanker Gozi.

Post by czleq »

Hi, I downloaded the installation file v7.5.1 for windows and scanned it online (can't post links with 0 posts, ehhh). VBA32 found a trojan there called "BScope TrojanBanker Gozi". Is it a false positive or did I download the client from the wrong website? Since I read about link spoofing, websites using PGP for safety and what not I am never sure anymore, lol. What worries me is that I haven't found anyone via google search or via the search option on this forum asking about it. Am I the only one paranoid or do people install stuff without scanning it :shock: :D ?
Thanks.
JimboPalmer

Re: VBA32 antivirus detects BScope TrojanBanker Gozi.

Post by JimboPalmer »

This tells how to avoid false positives by excluding the Work Directory in you antivirus.
https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/i ... uirements/

"We suggest configuring antivirus software to exclude the FAH client directory and especially the Work directory from the antivirus scanning list. This can be done by going into the exclusion list panel that every antivirus program has. The work subdirectory contains semi-random binary data and can confuse overly aggressive heuristic virus scanning."
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: VBA32 antivirus detects BScope TrojanBanker Gozi.

Post by Joe_H »

If you downloaded from the official F@h site, there should be no issue with viruses. The official download is from foldingathome.org.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3