Progress reported in viewer differs radically from control

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

owen

Progress reported in viewer differs radically from control

Post by owen »

I'm running viewer and control on a Mac. I have clients running on that same Mac and 2 linux boxes (Fedora 31).

I have 3 viewer windows (3 instances of the application running) open connected to the three different clients.
I have one control window open with all three clients in it.

All 4 windows are on the mac.

I use the Project number (they turn out to be unique) to be sure I'm comparing the right viewer window to the right host in the client list in control.

Currently, Linux box 1 (Irkutsk) reports it is working on 13860. Viewer reports 73.17% complete, Control claims it is idle and didn't get a new work unit after completing 13860 (0, 7417, 25)
Currently, Linux box 2 (vizer) reports it is working on Project 13850 (0, 22640, 5). The Viewer reports 72.66% progress while the control reports 66.16%.
The Mac (Kiev) reports it is working on nothing at this time in both viewer and control.
jonault

Re: Progress reported in viewer differs radically from contr

Post by jonault »

I notice the same thing. When I first start the viewer it's only slightly behind the Advanced Control, but the longer I leave it running the larger the time & status difference gets. It happens when viewing the local machine slot and when remotely accessing folding slots on other machines.