Debian 32bit not working

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Skel72

Debian 32bit not working

Post by Skel72 »

Today I installed F@H in my main laptop pc with Win.10. All went well, but then I tried to install it on another 32bit laptop running the Debian based Raspberry Pi Desktop distro, went to the downloads and downloaded the Debian/Mint/Ubuntu 32bit. Installed it as root and waited for the login page to pop up, but nothing. Then I tried to manually open the FAHControl, under the education "tab", and it opens but says "local connecting inactive". I went through a lot of posts and forums trying to find the answer but nothing... I think it is supposed to have all 3 FAHControl, FAHClient and FAHViewer installed, but only has the control, that's the only download link on the page for 32bit systems, at least for the latest version.
Please help I really wanna get this machine to do something productive for once :wink:
davidcoton

Re: Debian 32bit not working

Post by davidcoton »

I'm not sure if there is any work left for 32-bit Linux systems.
How many processor cores do you have? Is the hardware actually 32-bit or 64-bit?
Note many (older) laptops will overheat when trying to sustain the F@H processing load.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

32-bit Linux is no longer supported for folding. The FAHControl part of the folding software is still distributed as some requested it be available for installing on 32-bit systems to be used for monitoring and controlling other systems running the F@h client remotely. The download is named as such. The 64-bit Linux downloads are 3 separate packages.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Skel72

Post by Skel72 »

Ok I get it thank you both @davidcoton @Joe_H. I guess I'll use that laptop for another projects.