VCRUNTIME140.dll not found

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

JohnChodera
Pande Group Member

Re: VCRUNTIME140.dll not found

Post by JohnChodera »

@erich56: So sorry about this. We had temporarily disabled the 0.0.14 projects, but re-enabled them to collect more data on the issues.

I hadn't realized it was causing WUs to get _stuck_ however. Can you dump the project (or just delete the WU from it's directory)?

If it's truly causing the client to get "stuck", that's very bad---I've disabled the projects again until we can sort that out.

~ John Chodera // MSKCC
JohnChodera
Pande Group Member

Post by JohnChodera »

@erich56: After checking with the lead dev, the WU should not get stuck *permanently*, but it may time out for a while. Eventually, it will be dumped automatically, and pick up WUs that use 0.0.13.

You can dump the WU manually by stopping your client, purging the work directory, and restarting, but that's a bit more complicated. We'll ask a mod to post more detailed instructions about this in a clearly labeled thread.

Again, apologies for the issues here. The failure rates were quite low when we assessed the first batch of data, but we didn't realize this didn't report on the WUs that appeared to be "stuck".

~ John Chodera // MSKCC
erich56

Post by erich56 »

hello John, thanks for your answers, and sorry for my late reply (I was out for 1 1/2 days).
Now I have not gotten any such tasks any more, so the problem does not occur.
At any rate, what I'll do next is to install Visual C++ 2015, so this may help for the future.
JohnChodera
Pande Group Member

Post by JohnChodera »

If anyone who experienced the "missing DLL" issue with core22 0.0.14 has not installed the Visual Studio libraries manually to work around the issue, we could use your help testing a new core22 release! Please private message me an email address where we can reach you for details.

~ John Chodera // MSKCC
JohnChodera
Pande Group Member

Post by JohnChodera »

We have a fix for this in core22 0.0.15 that we're testing internally right now and hope to roll out in the next couple of days. Thanks so much for your patience, everyone!

~ John Chodera // MSKCC