7.6.9 Upgrade Fails on Windows 10

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Ardemus

Re: 7.6.9 Upgrade Fails on Windows 10

Post by Ardemus »

As others have noted, installing 7.6.9 added an uninstaller for me. I used custom, leaving all of the defaults, except installing the screen saver. There was no option to not include an uninstaller.
pasamio

Re: 7.6.9 Upgrade Fails on Windows 10

Post by pasamio »

Ardemus wrote:
Chris_TG wrote:If you have program 1 in autostart loading DLL "zlib.dll" and then starting program 2 that also want to load this DLLs, it will use the already loaded DLL.
If you're correct, wouldn't restarting with FAH disabled fix the problem? FAH wouldn't load any libraries, so GOG would load it's own libraries, and nothing in FAH would be locked. However, I tried that and it didn't change anything.
FAH would need to be uninstalled and any of the system or background processes that can start on boot prevented from starting as well. DLL Hell is still alive and kicking for Windows even in 2020.

I ran into this as well and was mildly confused what was going on as all of the FAH processes I could find were appropriately terminated. I killed GOG and sure enough everything went through. Thanks for the hints!