Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bruce

Re: Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

Post by bruce »

Somebody needs to explain to me why I never have seen this problem.
ajm

Post by ajm »

Do you fold with a Threadripper?
bruce

Post by bruce »

:D :D :D
No. You guessed it.
:roll:
ajm

Post by ajm »

I also guess that one of these days I'll have enough and sell all that AMD stuff, cheap, and build something solid, at last.
ajm

Post by ajm »

Just a note to say that listening to the affected client with HFM.NET (0.9.21) also triggers the 997 error, which at once closes HFM.NET's connection.

EDIT: No problem however with the Dark Extension: https://folding.lar.systems/#get_FITDAT
ajm

Post by ajm »

New test tonight. Description here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12 ... t-13975042 (the exchange actually starts here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12 ... t-13974032 )

Short: I started the machine without all my drives, on an Win 10 USB key (MS Download Tool) and installed the latest Win 10 on a freshly formatted spare Sata SSD, than immediately installed FAH from a fresh download, and accepted all default settings. It went quite well, but no change, the error is still there. Log at the link.

EDIT: Now sold all AMD products I had. Main machine back to X299 (10980XE).
markwny153

Post by markwny153 »

I just installed fah on my machine and found these errors in the log tab of the Advanced Control interface. I looked for a solution in the fah community forums, but quickly became overwhelmed by the pure volume of the posts. I'm running Windows 10. My machine has a 3960x processor with a RTX 2080 Ti graphics card. I see some posts that indicate that the problem is AMD hardware oriented. If this is the case, I guess I'm stuck, as I definitely cannot afford to switch camps at this time. However, I also noticed that if I exit the Advanced Control interface and wait some time before going back into it, there are no such errors logged during the time I wasn't using the Advanced Control interface. They start back up again when the interface is open. If I can avoid these errors by not using the interface (or only when necessary), then I can live with that.
ajm

Post by ajm »

I used to tail the log with a local text editor to keep an eye on it. That way you wont have those errors. They appear only if FAHControl (Advanced Control) is open or if any other software is monitoring the folding using telnet.