V7.6.9 stopped asking for GPU work, needed reboot

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

HaloJones

Re: V7.6.9 stopped asking for GPU work, needed reboot

Post by HaloJones »

restarting the client doesn't solve the problem if you're just redirected back to the same server.

and as for the assignment server not having a toggle, having a configuration file like in a firewall or a loadbalancer seems an obvious method to maintain what the assignment server does.

as an aside, it's also interesting to note that the Windows client and the Linux client seem to have different reactions to an unreachable address. I've blocked this server on my router. My Linux clients get assigned to the 155 server and after a few attempts get redirected to another WU server and get work. My windows clients just keep trying the same address ad infinitum.
single 1070

PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

HaloJones wrote:...it's also interesting to note that the Windows client and the Linux client seem to have different reactions to an unreachable address. I've blocked this server on my router. My Linux clients get assigned to the 155 server and after a few attempts get redirected to another WU server and get work. My windows clients just keep trying the same address ad infinitum.
It comes down to what Projects are best suited for your configuration. I do know that few GPU projects are Linux only so depending on where those Projects are hosted, you will be directed there. This is a normal behavior and expected. If it was your CPU, modifying the CPU value can get you a different WS as your configuration has changed. But the GPU isn't an easy one :(
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

the only difference is the OS, all my cards (well, all but one) are 1070s.
single 1070

AbdoKota

Post by AbdoKota »

i had this issue with this version v7.6.9 and not just GPU but also CPU slot was doing the same, and i had enough of it and decide to search in the forum, i find there is a new version available, will looking to the viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34466 i cant find this version v7.6.9 :D, so i assumed that its discontinued,i download the latest version V7.6.13 and it worked without restart
my request, can you make the client check for the latest updates? and if it find just notify that there is a new version (i always download the latest version)
bruce

Post by bruce »

The notification of a new version is already on the wish-list. My guess is that it will be included in the next version of the client ... but no promises:!: