Button in web control does nothing

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Azsorlex26
Hardware configuration: #1: 2600k, GTX 1060 6G, latest version of Pop!_OS
#2: HP ProBook 450 G4, latest version of Arch Linux
#3: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011), latest version of Arch Linux

Button in web control does nothing

Post by Azsorlex26 »

Web control's "Finish up, then stop" button literally does nothing. After trying to use it on multiple occasions to automatically stop the current WU so a new one isn't pointlessly downloaded, I realised it wasn't working. So I dived into the webpage's code and realised that the button actually doesn't do anything at all besides close the popup. In comparison, the stop button has an additional line of code which immediately pauses folding, whereas there's nothing at all in the finish up button that suggests signalling the system to pause after a WU finishes. Please fix this.
bruce

Re: Button in web control does nothing

Post by bruce »

Yes, this was reported during the roll-out of FAHClient 7.6.9. I'm not sure what will be in the next version.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

I believe that was fixed in one of the beta versions of the client after 7.6.9, current beta is 7.6.13.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Azsorlex26

Post by Azsorlex26 »

Joe_H wrote:I believe that was fixed in one of the beta versions of the client after 7.6.9, current beta is 7.6.13.
Is there a downside to using the beta version? I remember reading somewhere about Beta WUs and having to sign up to use it to avoid stealing WUs from those who are registered. I don't know; tried googling it but couldn't find it again. Other than that, any other downsides?
bruce

Post by bruce »

Beta WUs have nothing to do with Beta versions of FAHClient. The 7.8.13 client version is a beta version meaning it has not passed all the necessary testing to call it released. If you want to run it, you may find it behaves in unexpected ways.

Beta testing of FAH Projects (proteins) is another matter. We want folks to agree to a special code of conduct which includes making detailed reports if you encounter unexpected folding characteristics. All projects proceed from initial internal testing, to beta testing with a select group, to Advanced testing (safe enough for fairly wide testing) , to full FAH (i.e.- released.)
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

v7.6.13 has moved out of beta and is available for general use. You can download it from https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/ Give this a try and see if it solves the issue with the button.
Azsorlex26

Post by Azsorlex26 »

anandhanju wrote:v7.6.13 has moved out of beta and is available for general use. You can download it from https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/ Give this a try and see if it solves the issue with the button.
So I uninstalled my current version using sudo dpkg -P fahclient and installed the new one after a reboot, however the code didn't change (as shown below). FAHClient --version returned 7.6.13.

Code: Select all

$('#stop-popup .cancel').on('click', function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    $('#stop-popup').dialog('destroy');
});
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

Thanks. I've found an open defect for this in Github and added your comments -- https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-issues/issues/1415
gilbertmc

Post by gilbertmc »

Same here. It is not working