unable to connect to Folding@home client

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

rikki-warner

unable to connect to Folding@home client

Post by rikki-warner »

have tried both the browser client and the advanced client and reinstalled with no luck has been 2 day have tried resetting internet pc router ect please advise
NRT_AntiKytherA

Re: unable to connect to Folding@home client

Post by NRT_AntiKytherA »

Have you checked your firewall settings are not blocking the fahcontrol or fahclient?
rikki-warner

Post by rikki-warner »

NRT_AntiKytherA wrote:Have you checked your firewall settings are not blocking the fahcontrol or fahclient?
just check not blocked
NRT_AntiKytherA

Post by NRT_AntiKytherA »

Have you checked the fahclient is running? It may have failed to start. Anyhow since I don't see any information about the operating system you are using I will leave it here.

Please refer to this for both the troubleshooting information and also how to go about including some information to help others help you more.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26036
rikki-warner

Post by rikki-warner »

NRT_AntiKytherA wrote:Have you checked the fahclient is running? It may have failed to start. Anyhow since I don't see any information about the operating system you are using I will leave it here.

Please refer to this for both the troubleshooting information and also how to go about including some information to help others help you more.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26036
got it going look like the last windows 10 up date broke it had to uninstall and start from scrach
bruce

Post by bruce »

WindowsUpdate sometimes decides to update video drivers. When they do, they have been known to simply remove OpenCL. You didn't tell us what GPU you have, so this may not have been your problem. Post the first 100 lines of FAH's log per the instructions in my sig block.

Personally, I've also had problems with FAHClient having the Blocked I/O port bug but that gets corrected if I stop and restart FAHClient. (or reboot).