Website Documentation Updates & Inquiry

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Andrew

Website Documentation Updates & Inquiry

Post by Andrew »

Hi folks,

I think there are some opportunities for improvement on the main F@H website, specifically on the Linux Install and Command Line sections. There are commands listed with old versions of the F@H client, in addition to command line options that to my knowledge, no longer function as intended. I'm happy to rewrite any documentation or assist with that process, but unsure who currently maintains (if anyone) these pages. The reality is that information like such that is not updated, makes it challenging for new folks to get involved in contributing. I'd like to see the documentation massaged a bit in order to provide an easier pathway for folks to start folding.

Any thoughts on who to reach out to specifically would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Website Documentation Updates & Inquiry

Post by Joe_H »

Currently they are handling offers of of assistance in software and website development through the F@h Discord channels. I don't participate in those, so don't have any links myself to them.

As for maintaining the pages, the previous person passed away a few years ago. This happened just about the same time as F@h shifted from being based out of Dr. Pande's lab at Stanford, and a replacement was not selected right away. Some work has been done since the beginning of the year, the people on Discord would know how further work is being organized.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
gunnarre

Re: Website Documentation Updates & Inquiry

Post by gunnarre »

Here is the Discord invite: https://discord.gg/foldingathome
Online: GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1080, GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC, RX580 + occasional CPU folding in the cold.
Offline: Radeon HD 7770, GTX 960, GTX 950