Config reset after Windows update

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

TonyStewart14

Config reset after Windows update

Post by TonyStewart14 »

I ran the latest Windows 10 Update (linked below) and after restarting noticed that my configuration was reset to default. It had Anonymous user and the default CPU/GPU settings. I was able to put it back in and get it back to the way it was within a few minutes, but want to mention it here since this might be a common issue that a lot of people might not notice.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -kb4592438
ajm

Re: Config reset after Windows update

Post by ajm »

No such problem (nor any other) here after installing this update on four folding PCs (2x7.6.21, 2X7.6.13).
bruce

Post by bruce »

@TonyStewart14

I think it might have been a change that the updated FAHControl installation made rather than the WIndows update. At some point between recent versions, FAH moved their data file location from a private directory to a shared directory. For my system, there was still data in the private location and a freshly installed new set of files in the shared location. I managed to recapture the old data on some of my systems, but it was a tricky process. Unnecessarily discarding a half-completed WU is a reasonable choice in this case.
TonyStewart14

Post by TonyStewart14 »

Thanks Bruce! That may well have been the case.