Missing work units for bonus point status

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

superduck10

Missing work units for bonus point status

Post by superduck10 »

Hello, I recently upgraded my gpu to an RTX 3070 TI and I have been folding with it. I have completed 11 work units with it but I am not receiving bonus points. In my logs my estimated credits received include bonus points, however I am not getting any. What is ever stranger is that when I check my bonus point status none of the work units I've competed appear to have been recorded there. I am not sure what is going on or how to fix it.
bollix47

Re: Missing work units for bonus point status

Post by bollix47 »

Please check your config.xml file and ensure the passkey you got from https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey shows as part of your User Information .

Also, check your name & team # for any typos.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

When checking how your passkey is entered, also check to see if there are any leading or trailing spaces. People have managed to do that in the past when copying and pasting their passkey.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
superduck10

Post by superduck10 »

I've never used a passkey before, do I need one now to receive bonus points? Also, I am still receiving points for each work unit, just no bonus points.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

If you have folded before was superduck10, the stats show that you have used three different passkeys. The folding client will only show estimated points that include a bonus if you entered a passkey or something else into that configuration field. The client does not do any verification of the passkey beyond that the two times you enter it matched. Going back to your older posts here shows that you acknowledged using a passkey them, about 1 1/2 years ago.

So please post the beginning section of your log file, directions can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26036.

I am also moving this topic to the appropriate forum, this is not a server problem.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3