Windows HFM monitoring Ubuntu

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

crzyb1080

Windows HFM monitoring Ubuntu

Post by crzyb1080 »

Hey all,

This may seem like a simple question and for that I apologize. We have a windows webserver which is monitoring all of our windows clients (local shares). Our problem is that we have a growing number of ubuntu boxes and we'd like to monitor progress on our 8 core boxes.

So my question: What is the SIMPLEST way to gain access to the ubuntu fah folders from a windows machine. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
bollix47

Re: Windows HFM monitoring Ubuntu

Post by bollix47 »

There are a number of ways to do what you want.

In my case I usually open a terminal on the ubuntu computer that I want to see in my monitor program and type

Code: Select all

sudo nautilus
Then navigate to the directory that contains your folding directory. (usually it's /home/yourusername)

Right click on the folding directory name and select sharing options .... click on the Share this folder and Guest access.

If ubuntu is missing any programs to allow this they will be dowloaded and installed.

You might have to reboot the ubuntu box before your windows will see the share on the network but basically that's it.

gl