PPD Estimations [Resolved]

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

zodac

PPD Estimations [Resolved]

Post by zodac »

How do monitoring programs (Fahmon/HFM/FahSpy) calculate the PPD ? Is it the PPD for each individual WU, or is it calculated over a 24 hours period, taking all WUs into account? Or by some other method?
Last edited by zodac on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: PPD Estimations

Post by 7im »

Yes. Each monitoring program does about the same thing in different ways, and can then display the information in different ways.

The most common thing is the program parses the fahlog.txt file, looking for completed frames or steps (each 1% completed) and then calculates the time needed to finish the entire work unit, and compares that to the work unit value as found on the Psummary page. Then it estimates the Points Per Day, either a running value, or averaged on the last 3 frames, on the last WU, on all WUs, etc.

To get a more specific answer, you'd should read the existing support thread for the tool you are interested in using, or read the FAQ about the tool on the developer's web page, or post a repeat question in their active thread.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
zodac

Re: PPD Estimations

Post by zodac »

Well, that solves that then. :D

Thanks.