Is there a way to automate spreadsheet updates?

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

custommadename
Hardware configuration: Intel C2Q 6600 and GTX 280
Intel P4 2.93GHz and 9600GT
Intel P4 3.6GHz and 9600GSO
Intel Xeon 3.06GHz x2 + HT
AMD Athlon64 II X2 250 and 2600XT

Is there a way to automate spreadsheet updates?

Post by custommadename »

I'd like to automate updates to a spreadsheet from my fah-web.stanford.edu team page. I've been manually typing in numbers, and it's all right, but I don't maintain a strict schedule. Currently, I'm using Google Docs to update one spreadsheet with dates, times, team member names, and scores. The scores are how team members are ranked on the site, so I am trying to show graphically how these ranks change over time and who has put more hardware to folding. I don't necessarily have to use Google Docs, but I would really like to have my updates automated. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks!
ChelseaOilman

Re: Is there a way to automate spreadsheet updates?

Post by ChelseaOilman »

Please do not use scripts to access the donor or team pages, but use the full donor list (flat files) instead. IP addresses which do not abide by our robots.txt rules will be banned.
Why aren't you using the files provided for 3rd party stats?
custommadename
Hardware configuration: Intel C2Q 6600 and GTX 280
Intel P4 2.93GHz and 9600GT
Intel P4 3.6GHz and 9600GSO
Intel Xeon 3.06GHz x2 + HT
AMD Athlon64 II X2 250 and 2600XT

Re: Is there a way to automate spreadsheet updates?

Post by custommadename »

Actually, I didn't know about this! What's the best way to handle these files?

Also, isn't there a program that can read the page only once every 12 hours and would look just like a person with a robotically strict schedule? That would both not bog down servers, and it would help me out.