FAH Tracker

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

snowbird48

FAH Tracker

Post by snowbird48 »

After some good advisement from members, looking at FAQ's, Guides and a lot of reading on the forum it looks like FAHTracker is the nice way to set up and have a lot of options. When I install Tracker and start setup will Tracker "see" the v.623 unicore systray client I already have or is there more to do? Should I set the "pause when done" and wait for WU to finish before going ahead with Tracker. Do not want to EUE the WU in progress. Thanks for your comments
rjbelans

Re: FAHTracker

Post by rjbelans »

Yes, do the pause when done to let the current wu finish. Then you can start fresh with the Tracker.
folding@evga - Donor Advisory Board Representative
starkreiten

Re: FAHTracker

Post by starkreiten »

If I had to do it again, I would finish all my current WUs before installing. I (mis)managed to loose about 5 hours of an SMP WU by thinking I would just 'give it a try'. My fault, but still annoying.

It shouldn't be hard to move your current work over, it will just take a bit more pre-planning. If you don't have any WUs in progress, then there shouldn't be any chance to loose work. :)

With just a bit more help from the installer, I'd say install to folding could be done in about 10 seconds (plus username and team decisions, of course). It could be that scary easy to start folding... :)

Dana
Of course, I could be wrong....
  • AMD 1090t Win7/64 2xGTX460 SMP + 2xGPU
  • Intel U7300 LMDE/64 2xUniprocessor