FahSpy (monitoring tool)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

RipD

Re: FahSpy (monitoring tool)

Post by RipD »

Nice program. A couple of problems I have found:

1. The Issued date is often incorrect, and is always incorrect on one of my PCs. I'm running 4 WUs now that FahSpy shows will not complete before the preferred deadline, when in fact they all will. For example, one WU was downloaded 2 days ago and will complete on time. FahSpy shows that the WU was downloaded 5 days ago and has already missed it's deadline. I'm using FahMon as a reference for the correct start dates.

2. Columns don't sort for me. I click on the column headers and they indicate that the sort order is changing, but it never does.
Mr. Scary
Hardware configuration: The Rock-XPS630i/QX6850@3.67ghz/OCZ Plat 1066 2x2gb/(2)8800GT AlphaDogs/(2)10krpm Raptors Raid0&(2)WD HDD 500gb
Nekid-CoolerMaster CM690/MSI-P6N Diamond/Q6600@3.0ghz/Samsung 2x2gb 800mhz/(2)9800GT's/TX2 HSF/Corsair TX850W PSU/(2)WD 160gb HDD's Raid 0, (1)500gb WD & (1)1.5tb WD HDD
Bare Nekid-MSI-P6N Diamond/E7200@3.2ghz/OCZ ReaperX1000mhz 2x2gb/(2)8800GT's/Corsair TX750W PSU/160gb WD HDD
Buck Nekid-Xion XON-303/Dell'd 650iMobo/Q6600@3.15ghz/Naya 4x1gb 667mhz/(2)8800GT's SLI/750W PSU/320gb WD HDD

Monitoring Question

Post by Mr. Scary »

I'm using fahspy to monitor 2 smp's and 2 gpu's on a rig. my question is does anyone know what it means when you 'name & team#' are in red??

tx

M$
Behc

Re: Monitoring Question

Post by Behc »

RipD wrote:1. The Issued date is often incorrect...
FahSpy takes the date from unitinfo.txt. Maybe in the file incorrect information? Or wrong time and date on the computer.
Mr. Scary wrote:I'm using fahspy to monitor 2 smp's and 2 gpu's on a rig. my question is does anyone know what it means when you 'name & team#' are in red??
tx
M$
Go to "Setting"--->"User,team" and write you user name and team number.
The user name and number of red once they are not identical in client.cfg and Setting.
Member of TSC! Russia team (TeamNumber 47191)

PTRMAN
Hardware configuration: First = Q9550@2.8Ghz / Zalman 9700 / EVGA 780i SLI / 4GB OCZ HPC Reaper DDR2 1066 / 2xEVGA GTX 260 - 216 (55nm!) / 1xBFG GTX 260-216 Maxcore OCX / Corsair 750 TX / 2 x WD Caviar 500GB / WD Caviar 1TB / Thermaltake Armor / Samsung SH-S203N Lightscribe / Acer 241w

Second = Q6600@3.4Ghz / Zerotherm / ASUS P5K-E / 4GB G.Skill DDR2 800 / EVGA 8800GTX / Zalman VF1000 / Corsair 620HX / WD Caviar 500GB / Thermaltake Soprano / Samsung SH-S223F / Hauppauge HVR 1800

Folding = AMD 4200+ Brisbane @ 2.5Mhz / OCZ Rifle / MSI K9A2 Platinum / 2GB Corsair DDR2 800 / 3 x 9800GX2 / Corsair 850TX / WD Caviar 80GB/ Hitachi monitor

Other = D-Link DIR655 / D-Link KVM-221 / Klipsch 2.1

Post by PTRMAN »

Just found this tool recently - very good! Thanks.

What does it mean by Assembly Optimizations Turned Off?
SantaFe

Post by SantaFe »

I like this, however it always runs for awhile, then I get the "FAHSPY has encountered an error and has to stop" error. :(
Aren't you glad you use http://foldingforum.org! Don't you wish Everybody did? :D
Hoppycat

Post by Hoppycat »

Hi all,

I have just changed my team designation from Australia (186) to the Jmol team (44383) in the middle of doing a work unit, and i'm wondering why the user/teamname in Fahspy has turned red. I have checked my 5.03 client, and the new team number inside the client and also inside Fahspy is correctly set.

Can anyone tell me why the user/teamname is bolded and in red please.

Thanks.
Russ_64
Hardware configuration: Dual Xeon E5645 (12C/24T) / 24Gb DDR3 - VMware ESXi 6.7.0
FAH v7.5.1

Post by Russ_64 »

Great application - I work in a Windows only environment and this software works great with Windows shares. The detail provided is perfect for monitoring multiple machines and VM's.

Thanks.
ImageImageImage
Behc

Post by Behc »

Hoppycat wrote:Hi all,
Can anyone tell me why the user/teamname is bolded and in red please.
Thanks.
You username and team number on client.cfg and FahSpy setting it's different.

Russ_64
Hardware configuration: Dual Xeon E5645 (12C/24T) / 24Gb DDR3 - VMware ESXi 6.7.0
FAH v7.5.1

Post by Russ_64 »

I have one question: if I use FahSpy to change the config file - extraparms= and save the change it sometimes shows the changes as saved but after the client starts a new WU it goes back to the original setting again (this is only happening on 2 out of 5 configs)?
ImageImageImage
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

If the values written to the client.cfg are overridden by the FAH client, this means that the client.cfg content did not follow the rules, see:
http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Client.cfg
http://fahwiki.net/index.php/FAH6_Client.cfg
Editing the client.cfg

The client.cfg file is not a text file in a regular sense, it's actually a UNIX text file which the client reads as a binary as mentioned above. It should therefore also be treated as a binary file.

DO NOT manually modify the client.cfg. Make all changes using the FAH client configuration. (see -config and -configonly flags). Manual modification of any F@h client files is against the EULA. And as noted above, if you make a mistake, it can cause points for completed work to be credited to a user name other than yours.

Here is what Dick Howell, the author of qd, and Adam Beberg, the author of Cosm, had to say about the client.cfg:

Code: Select all

The client.cfg file is not really a text. It is managed by the Cosm package, which is used
by the client as an aid to machine-independence. You've got the right idea with the 
newlines. The routines which handle the config file are fairly picky about the format, 
expecting that it will only be manipulated by the client itself, when it is first started 
or later run with the -config flag. Here is what Adam Beberg, who wrote Cosm, says about
it in the header file for the config file functions:

The Rules:
  o These are binary files, not text. You're not supposed to have to edit them.
  o Config files contain ascii, not unicode.
  o No linefeeds (\n) in section/keys/values - those are line separators.
  o No '=' or '[' in keys, and avoid ']'.
  o Everything is case sensitive.
  o Blank lines are ignored, but added at the end of sections for humans.
  o Any improperly formatted line is discarded.
  o Comment lines don't exist, that's what documentation is for.
  o The majority of cases the config will only be read, so optimize for reading.
See also: Cosm API - Program Config File Functions
Behc

Post by Behc »

We have a problem with the site fahspy.com (cybersquatting). :evil:

Version 1.5.0 is available here: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/fwgogwfzk

paramonks
Hardware configuration: Win 7, Intel i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, ASUSTeK P5GPL-X, NVidia GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache (yeah it's old - but it works)
Sys tray client

Post by paramonks »

Hello

Thank you, I was wondering what was going on. :)

paramonks
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

Question:
I'm sure that a client is running, but FahSpy displays the "Stopped" status on Linux/FreeBSD/*nix.
Answer:
FahSpy detects the "Running" status of a client by looking for a file lock "FAHlog.txt". On some OSes, the files are not locked during processing, due to the way the cores are handled.
In the latest version experimental support for these systems was added.

I have two clients that show as being "stopped". The other info is correct and does update properly. The only thing that is annoying is the Total PPD does not include these "stopped" clients.

You mention "experimental support" in your Q&A. Is this automatically working in 1.5 or does it require some kind of command line switch?

The two clients in question are both GPU clients running on Linux Ubuntu 8.04. The SMP clients on the same computers do show as "running".

Thanks for this program and any help you can offer for the above "problem".
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

Angel666 I notice you had an issue where you're breaking eula, I can help you if you want, but only with local console clients right now. I'm working on an installer/monitor/manager and can use the clients functionality to configure them through a gui, it's entirely according to eula since it does not alter client files directly. The part I am working on is better monitoring/logging of stats and improving the installer, but the part used to configure clients I know is 100% stable.

It's also already in .net ( though in vb.net idk what your used language is ).

I also have a queue.dat parsing class based on smokings wiki documentation I'm willing to share with you so you can use it for fahspy and don't have to rely on unitinfo.txt.

Pm or email me if interested, I treid to make contact directly but you don't have a site/home for fahspy that I can find.
brityank

Post by brityank »

Behc wrote:We have a problem with the site fahspy.com (cybersquatting). :evil:

Version 1.5.0 is available here: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/fwgogwfzk
Thanks; I just dropped a note on the Tools List to get the false link removed - no sense sending others down the merry garden path. 8-)
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...