PPD Calc?

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

ndimario

PPD Calc?

Post by ndimario »

I found myself using the bonus calculator located http://linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php to figure out what my PPD was. However I noticed that too many projects were missing (mostly newer projects), so I read the source of the page and figured out the formula and did it on paper. Then since I was doing it so often, I decided to make a program out of it. Since I was recently working on a monitoring program in Java, I decided to use my prior knowledge of that to make a simple bonus calculator that requires the TPF, credit, preferred and final deadlines, along with kfactor inputted. This calculator worked but took too much time to input all these values. So now the program (on program startup) reads the project summaries site and contains a link list of information that remains as long as the program is running (containing the values previously needed without user input). The program now needs only TPF and Project Number to work.

The program is very core and I'm far from an advanced programmer in Java. So I'm hoping to get some help on a few things:

1: How do I package all the libraries into one file (one JAR?)
2: Is there a universal binary executable for Java applications that is not command line based?
3: What to call the program? I started the program with PPD Calc, but thats too generic.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Note: if this program is not useful than I will keep it to myself or download the better version that exists already, however I was not able to find a program similar to this (though I didn't search hard).
P5-133XL
Hardware configuration: Machine #1:

Intel Q9450; 2x2GB=8GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460; Windows Server 2008 X64 (SP1).

Machine #2:

Intel Q6600; 2x2GB=4GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460 video card; Windows 7 X64.

Machine 3:

Dell Dimension 8400, 3.2GHz P4 4x512GB Ram, Video card GTX 460, Windows 7 X32

I am currently folding just on the 5x GTX 460's for aprox. 70K PPD

Re: PPD Calc?

Post by P5-133XL »

Most people here use HFM.net or FAHMON to monitor their folding (v6 or earlier clients only). Both utilities include PPD calculations, including bonus points and are downloadable from the tools link at the top of the page.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Be careful about what pages you script to read via any tool, or how often it reads it. Too much load, or using the wrong pages will get things shut down or blocked.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
ndimario

Post by ndimario »

Ah yes, the program itself just downloads the text when the program starts up, there is no other way to execute it in the program. It would be equal to loading it inside a browser (i would guess). In my case its used for the one or two times a day that i check to see if the machines are performing as expected (incase of new units and so on).
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Just making sure. We've had other developers try to refresh or reload the data every few minutes, and that's not good.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
linuxfah

Post by linuxfah »

Which projects are missing? I've added in all the ones I could find with kfactor > 0 (~ 190 projects). Thanks.