AMD System Monitor

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Lgringo

AMD System Monitor

Post by Lgringo »

Recently installed a Sapphire HD5570, downloaded latest drivers, etc. from AMD. It works fine, is 4% into its first WU. Then I downloaded the AMD System Monitor:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... nitor.aspx
which installed fine as far as I can tell, but when I run it, all I get is a content-free error msg that says: "Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. Please restart the application. Any ideas? TIA.
mdk777

Re: AMD System Monitor

Post by mdk777 »

Use the >PERFORMANCE>OVERDRIVE on the Catalyst control panel.
Will give you usage, temp, and allow you to adjust OC and Fan profiles. :mrgreen:

For entire AMD system monitor, AOD is much more robust if your system support it.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/ ... ments.aspx :ewink:
Transparency and Accountability, the necessary foundation of any great endeavor!
Lgringo

Post by Lgringo »

Thanks! Except for the ATI video card, my system doesn't have anything that AOD requires but I tried it anyway and got err msg "AMD Overdrive failed to start", so I'm assuming that AMD System Monitor has similar requirements, but I hadn't noticed any specs in that department. Curiously, even though I changed the fan speed from the default 40% to 100% it didn't drop the temp from 49 degrees C. (activity = 99%) which is a curiosity to me.
mdk777

Post by mdk777 »

You can try MSI AFTERBURNER or RIVATUNER to double check the temps.

Most likely the HD 5570 is just not that high wattage of a card. (38-43 watts per guru3d)

The cooling solution reaches equalization at 40% fan and adding more air just doesn't change the limit of the the fins.

JMHO. ;)
Transparency and Accountability, the necessary foundation of any great endeavor!
Athlonite
Hardware configuration: Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX8320 @3.8GHz
Mushkin DDR3-2400MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 *GB OC 1375/2000MHz
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + 11TB's of HDD storage
Silverstone ST75F-P (750W) PSU & Silverstone raVen RV02B-W + USB3 Upgrade case

Post by Athlonite »

If your just after checking temps and GPU usage then use GPU-z and click the sensors tab gives a pretty good reading of all temps clocks and so forth can be set to giv max/avg/min or current reading for all sensor readings
Asus Strix X470F Gaming
AMD R7 3700
16GB GSkill trident Z DDR4-3200
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA SSD
Gigabyte RX580 8GB
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

I've had good experience using Piriform Speccy. I also have GPU-Z, but I notice it uses too much CPU time, so I don't like to run it. Speccy however uses very little CPU time, but also displays temperatures of CPU, GPU, and Hard Drive, along with a big list of hardware specs. Pretty good GUI; I like it a lot. http://www.piriform.com/speccy
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
AMDphreak

Post by AMDphreak »

None of you have solutions.

This same thing happened to me, after I updated Windows (after Acer wiped my computer).

I found a solution in a Youtube video.

You just need to run a command-line command, and then the program will work right.

LODCTR /R

Type this into the command line and hit Enter. To get to the command line, hit Windows+R (key combination) and then type 'cmd' without the quotes, and hit Enter. Then, you type the command above.

I can't believe it took you guys 5 years and you never found a solution. It took me 5 minutes.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

What 5 years? This thread opened 15 months ago.

And other than fix the one problem, do you know what else LODCTR /R does? One shouldn't run commands blindly...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 90926.aspx
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.