Graphical Viewer using Tracker V2 ?

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Gorisan

Graphical Viewer using Tracker V2 ?

Post by Gorisan »

Another noob question: I am quite happy with FAH GPU Tracker V2. I am running a CPU client and a GPU client.
Anyhow, is there a Graphical interface or separate utility I can run to view graphically the unfolding of the Proteins?

I am running a MSI GTS 450 video card, if that helps at all.

Thanks you in advance for your time.
Gorisan_NCIX :D
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Re: Graphical Viewer using Tracker V2 ?

Post by MtM »

The gpu cores don't create the files needed to display the proteins in either jmol or the fah viewer. The cpu cores do though, and you could use the fah viewer ( available in the v7 client for instance ) or jmol.

Jmol is located here -> http://jmol.sourceforge.net/index.en.html
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

MtM has mentioned v7, so I'd just like to expand upon it a bit. You'll notice from this page https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/F ... /FahViewer that v7 has a nice 3D display. The v7 client is currently in beta testing and is not linked to from the download pages in folding.stanford.edu. It is the next generation client, and very much upcoming to be the norm. So basically users should have the ability to view their protein in action if they so desire. MtM pointed out that the GPU cores don't generate the files for the display in v7, and that's something new to me. I would speculate and hope that one day they will so everyone can view their protein if they so desire.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Jesse_V wrote:MtM pointed out that the GPU cores don't generate the files for the display in v7, and that's something new to me. I would speculate and hope that one day they will so everyone can view their protein if they so desire.
See Ticket #409
Gorisan

Post by Gorisan »

Thanks folks, I shall see take this information and proceed in a forward direction (hopefully)