Evolved Statistics Page - Comments?

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

TeamMCS

Evolved Statistics Page - Comments?

Post by TeamMCS »

Hey guys,

Fairly late in development of the core code, does anyone have any comments on the look and feel of these folding@home stats!

http://stats.mnetcs.com

Any comments would be appreciated (Good/bad/Evil, all welcome)
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Evolved Statistics Page - Comments?

Post by 7im »

I like it. Quick too. And the layout seems intuitive.

How are the Production Colour Codes calculated? Today? Rolling 24 Hr? Rolling 7? I'm green, but my rolling 24 is ~1900.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
TeamMCS

Post by TeamMCS »

7im wrote:I like it. Quick too. And the layout seems intuitive.

How are the Production Colour Codes calculated? Today? Rolling 24 Hr? Rolling 7? I'm green, but my rolling 24 is ~1900.
They are based on the, "old style" rolling 7 day period. There are quite a few little, "quirks" at the moment. I need to calculate a decent point colour set but I'd rather avoid "copying" EOC.

I'm taking suggestions however!

As it stands the system is actually updating very slowly, about twice a day. Sadly our host is bloody slow, crawling through all that data takes ages. I'm hoping to move to a far faster database schema but it'll take a while before that's up and running. I still want to setup a "team homepage" (basically user details for teams) as well as various other improvements.
Foxery
Hardware configuration: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 (Intel P35 chipset)
Radeon 3850, 512MB model (Catalyst 8.10)
Windows XP, SP2

Post by Foxery »

Very sexy. A few bugs at first glance:
-[H]ardOCP is notably missing from the teams list. They're #1!
-My personal stats page displays all blank graphs. Clicking on one redirects me to http://www.maani.us/xml_charts/
-The bottom most graph placeholder just turns all orange with some code in it
-You seem to be missing some days entirely, while other days updated twice or even three times. It makes the table of my "daily" results not make much sense.

The "compare" function is cool, and the graphs there do work. However, I have to have lightning quick reflexes to hit the button before it disappears. It's also adding your own numbers for username TeamMCS to the users I've selected.

Very promising. I'll be keeping an eye on this project :)
Core2 Quad/Q9300, Radeon 3850/512MB (WinXP SP2)
TeamMCS

Post by TeamMCS »

Foxery wrote:Very sexy. A few bugs at first glance:
-[H]ardOCP is notably missing from the teams list. They're #1!
-My personal stats page displays all blank graphs. Clicking on one redirects me to http://www.maani.us/xml_charts/
-The bottom most graph placeholder just turns all orange with some code in it
-You seem to be missing some days entirely, while other days updated twice or even three times. It makes the table of my "daily" results not make much sense.

The "compare" function is cool, and the graphs there do work. However, I have to have lightning quick reflexes to hit the button before it disappears. It's also adding your own numbers for username TeamMCS to the users I've selected.

Very promising. I'll be keeping an eye on this project :)
Hey Foxery, thanks for the good comments :)

Placeholder graphs, that's strange. Are you running the latest version of flash? If you actually click on the graphs, they are actually designed to goto the creators site. I guess it's just a fair trade for using their (very good) graphing software. To be perfectly honest, the graphs will be switched over for static JPGs. Flash graphs are a little fiddly and don't work on machines without flash (IE, mobile devices)

I mentioned a little about the update process before, it's something i'm actively working on. Without a dedicated server it's hard to produce a system which is fast enough to provide updates every 3 hours - though we've come up with an innovate schema which looks very promising (2~ hours testing)
As usual, any comments welcome. It's still a work in progress but is far more "solid" than previous iterations.
sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

I got blank graphs.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
TeamMCS

Post by TeamMCS »

Wops, missed the comment on the "comparison" feature. That's the golden goose once I've got it working as intended (I've been busy re-building the static version of the site). Yeah, you have to be a bit quick to click on the popup - It'll be sorted tomorrow, I've been striving for W3C compliance and they dont like inline CSS (which use to be used to create a nice, fancy fade-in/face-out effect)

On a related note: Any suggestions on what you'd like to see on the comparison page. For starts I'll add the ability to control the results sets you view (not to mention fix the search facility)
bruce

Post by bruce »

The color for 0 looks too much like the color for 1K. There's a distinction, but it could be greater. How about 0 being darker and/or 1K being lighter.

I clicked on >> assuming it took me to page 393 and it looks like it is hung. Getting there at 5 pages per click takes a long time.
EDIT: Aha. I can get to page 392 but not to page 293. And from there, the << doesn't work either.

On the latter pages, the alignment for the "Ranking...Page" is incorrect . . . apparently the 0 and the 1K color flags are different lengths.

How about a FIND function. I can envision a FIND TEAMNO ____ which takes me to a page containing a team I'm interested in. (That would probably be more useful than a FIND PAGENO ____. The goto list 11 pages wide is a nice feature.)
smartcat99s

Post by smartcat99s »

It doesn't seem like you're handling &'s in names correctly (see http://mnetcs.com/statistics/usersList. ... amId=11108 - R&M_Collective)
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

A date/time of last update in the header of each page would be nice.

The overtake predictions for individuals appear to be off. One of mine was off by 3 months and another was off by 2 years.

On the individual pages I had to use the horizontal scroll bar to see all of the info. Perhaps the graphs could be narrower? I'm using 1024x768 which I believe is fairly common.

No info showed up in the graphs.

The production color codes were wrong on the team's user list page for some individuals.

Looks very promising. Thanks for your efforts.
TeamMCS

Post by TeamMCS »

smartcat99s wrote:It doesn't seem like you're handling &'s in names correctly (see http://mnetcs.com/statistics/usersList. ... amId=11108 - R&M_Collective)
Wops I must have forgot to correct this after I added some filtering - fixed :)
TeamMCS

Post by TeamMCS »

bollix47 wrote:A date/time of last update in the header of each page would be nice.

The overtake predictions for individuals appear to be off. One of mine was off by 3 months and another was off by 2 years.

On the individual pages I had to use the horizontal scroll bar to see all of the info. Perhaps the graphs could be narrower? I'm using 1024x768 which I believe is fairly common.

No info showed up in the graphs.

The production color codes were wrong on the team's user list page for some individuals.

Looks very promising. Thanks for your efforts.
I'll take a look into the predictions! A little odd.

I've updated the code to correct the graphs, they should adjust depending on your screen size :)

Production codes have been updated
TeamMCS

Post by TeamMCS »

bruce wrote:The color for 0 looks too much like the color for 1K. There's a distinction, but it could be greater. How about 0 being darker and/or 1K being lighter.

I clicked on >> assuming it took me to page 393 and it looks like it is hung. Getting there at 5 pages per click takes a long time.
EDIT: Aha. I can get to page 392 but not to page 293. And from there, the << doesn't work either.

On the latter pages, the alignment for the "Ranking...Page" is incorrect . . . apparently the 0 and the 1K color flags are different lengths.

How about a FIND function. I can envision a FIND TEAMNO ____ which takes me to a page containing a team I'm interested in. (That would probably be more useful than a FIND PAGENO ____. The goto list 11 pages wide is a nice feature.)
Pagination is now fixed....

I'll take a look at the colour bands tomorrow and see if I can figure out whats up :).

I've also updated the search function per your suggestion :)
SantaFe

Post by SantaFe »

Get the maim page fine, when I click on the DSLReports link to see my teams stats, get long pause and this:

Code: Select all

Server Error in '/statistics' Application.
Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +925466
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +800118
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +186
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1932
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +1005
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() +137
   DAL.getResultsCount(SqlCommand objCommand) +95
   DAL.getUsers(Queue`1 entities, Int32 resultLimit, Int32 unsafeOffset, Int32 teamId, String orderSubject, String orientation, String searchKeywords, Boolean searching) +1025
   presentation.GetUsers(Int32 Offset, Int32 ResultLimit, Int32 TeamId, String Order, String OrderBy, Boolean IsSearch, String SearchKeyWords) +554
   usersList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +619
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433 
Any problems? ;)
Aren't you glad you use http://foldingforum.org! Don't you wish Everybody did? :D
TeamMCS

Post by TeamMCS »

That's a rather juicy error message you shouldn't see :P... Slightly concerning that you are able to see the site architecture that deep!

Let me take a look now :D