finstall issue with Ubuntu 8.04.1

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Xilikon

finstall issue with Ubuntu 8.04.1

Post by Xilikon »

I have a laptop which started to have some issues with the smp client (speed is halved and I didn't find out what cause this) so I decided to download the latest Ubuntu 8.04.1 AMD64 (alternate version) and reinstall from scratch. After doing this, I ran finstall like usual but something weird appeared : It had a warning telling you must run FaH -configonly after the setup. This is something I never saw so I tried to do that but it say fah6 is not a recognized file or folder ??? I tried to make it work without success.

I reinstalled the OS once more and upon completion, i did run finstall as first thing on a clean OS but this issue still appear so this tell me finstall isn't really liking Ubuntu 8.04.1 (it works fine with Xubuntu 8.04 or Ubuntu 8.04 which is the original release).
smoking2000

Re: finstall issue with Ubuntu 8.04.1

Post by smoking2000 »

Code: Select all

sudo aptitude install ia32-libs && ./finstall
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Post by Ivoshiee »

Xilikon wrote:I have a laptop which started to have some issues with the smp client (speed is halved and I didn't find out what cause this)...
Could it be one of the symptoms?:
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 550#p37550
GTron

Post by GTron »

Aside from the Ubuntu and ia32-libs issues, what version of finstall are you using? The current finstall version 6.0 does not appear to have been updated for the Linux 6.02 full release client yet. Unless you specified beta finstall, you may have been installing the 5.04 client which would not define a fah6.

@Ivoshiee - any word on an update to finstall to support the Linux 6.02 full release client?

Greg

ps Webster and OED aficionados aside, programmers know "soon" is defined as the value of the calendrical attribute of the roundtuit object. (Not to anticipate an answer or anything...) :D
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Post by Ivoshiee »

GTron wrote:Aside from the Ubuntu and ia32-libs issues, what version of finstall are you using? The current finstall version 6.0 does not appear to have been updated for the Linux 6.02 full release client yet. Unless you specified beta finstall, you may have been installing the 5.04 client which would not define a fah6.

@Ivoshiee - any word on an update to finstall to support the Linux 6.02 full release client?

Greg

ps Webster and OED aficionados aside, programmers know "soon" is defined as the value of the calendrical attribute of the roundtuit object. (Not to anticipate an answer or anything...) :D
finstall 6.1 does have v6.02 final supported.
GTron

Post by GTron »

Many thanks Ivoshiee on the finstall update! :D

Greg
Xilikon

Post by Xilikon »

Ivoshiee wrote:
Xilikon wrote:I have a laptop which started to have some issues with the smp client (speed is halved and I didn't find out what cause this)...
Could it be one of the symptoms?:
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 550#p37550
Sorry for taking the time to reply... I'm not sure if I got the same issue as yours so I'll do a check tonight. However, since it's a laptop and I elevated it 2 inches above the table surface, it improve but still vary between full speed and 60% speed, probably due to throttling.

Thanks for the updated finstall btw :)

smoking2000 : doh! forgot the ia32-libs :oops: That will fix my problem for sure.