FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: FahMon Issue

Post by 7im »

I requested your post be merged with the existing Fahmon thread. The fahmon developer is subscibed in that topic, so your post there would have triggered a quicker response. He may not drop by and see this new topic for a few days. ;)

Mod Edit: Done - PantherX
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Tynat

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h client

Post by Tynat »

Thanks for doing that. If only all moves were that easy. :lol:

Here's another quick update. I started the old SMP v6.29 console client on the Win7 laptop and then on the WinXP machine pointed FahMon v2.3.99.4 to the laptop's SMP console client directory. Interestingly, it's the first time FahMon v2.3.99.4 has ever shown a green square. And, it's also the first time that the ETA and PPD has worked. That seems to suggest that FahMon v2.3.99.4 is having problems with GPU clients. For now I think I'll just stick with FahMon v2.3.99.3 and be done with it until such time a newer version of FahMon is released.
All clients stopped due to Stanford's upcoming September 2011 decision
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Off topic, but you may have issues continuing to get work units if you run v6.29 SMP Windows client. You should be on v6.30 at least, if not up to v6.34. IIRC, the v6.34 executable is a drop in. As always, upgrade between WUs, and rerun the config just to be sure.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Thanks for the move PantherX :)

In answer to your questions Tynat, unfortunately I seem to have introduced a bug in 2.3.99.4 which means PPD and ETA calculations don't work properly (the parsing code is broken I think) which explains why you're getting the error messages in the log.

2.3.99.3 still works fine for ETA/PPD calculations, and shouldn't really cause you any problems in the near future (except for no v7 support).

The date issue you see in the FahMon log is just due to the formatting being applied to the date (DD/MM/YY) which doesn't take into account your locale.

In terms of any future updates to FahMon, it is likely that the next update will introduce v7 support, however as I'm currently finishing the research portion of my PhD, it will not be in the near future.
Tynat

Post by Tynat »

uncle_fungus wrote:...unfortunately I seem to have introduced a bug in 2.3.99.4 which means PPD and ETA calculations don't work properly (the parsing code is broken I think) which explains why you're getting the error messages in the log.
Ah, thanks for the confirmation. In that case, wouldn't it be prudent to pull v2.3.99.4 from the front page and replace it with v2.3.99.3?

Honestly, there was a point in the beginning where I thought I simply couldn't remember how to use the program. :wink:
uncle_fungus wrote:2.3.99.3 still works fine for ETA/PPD calculations, and shouldn't really cause you any problems in the near future (except for no v7 support).
So far v2.3.99.3 is working great. I've added 6 clients and they are updating accordingly. ATM, v7 support isn't an issue for me.
uncle_fungus wrote:The date issue you see in the FahMon log is just due to the formatting being applied to the date (DD/MM/YY) which doesn't take into account your locale.
Yeah, I kind of figured it was a date formatting thing. AFAIK, the YYYY-MM-DD format is a ISO standard and would make it universally more understandable.
uncle_fungus wrote:In terms of any future updates to FahMon, it is likely that the next update will introduce v7 support, however as I'm currently finishing the research portion of my PhD, it will not be in the near future.
Version 2.3.99.3 seems to be filling that gap nicely. Perhaps a future update will include the local (-l switch) in the configuration?

Best of luck with your PhD. Thanks for the information and reply.
All clients stopped due to Stanford's upcoming September 2011 decision
7im

Post by 7im »

Is the FahMon data file (project list) on fahinfo.org updated automatically?
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

7im wrote:Is the FahMon data file (project list) on fahinfo.org updated automatically?
No, not for while now. I don't currently have time to fix whatever is broken I'm afraid :(