FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

ICE_9

Post by ICE_9 »

I had a guy on our forum figure it out. I am interested on what you script to get the total clients on one page. Is that something done server side or on each client?
http://www.hardforum.com

Team [H]ard OCP.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Each location generate one html file, and upload it to the server. My index.html page is creating one iframe per chart (so only iframes refreshes automatically instead of the complete page).

The last part is also an iframe, but it calls a php files that return the date of last modification for each file.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
ICE_9

Post by ICE_9 »

Unfortunately my free web space from my ISP won't allow for any scripting. Maybe a generation date can be added to the html output file from FAHMon? Are your iframes auto adjusting as your client list becomes bigger or do you edit each frame yourself?

*edit

Read the source for the page. Looks like manual.

Team [H]ard OCP.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Yes everything is done by hand :mrgreen:

ICE_9

Post by ICE_9 »

So, they way I am doing the upload is by using the Windows command line FTP. It generates a command window every time it runs (30 min). Have you figured out how to have it run silently in the background without generating a window? Currently running it out of Scheduled tasks.

Team [H]ard OCP.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

No ... so the machine used for monitoring and upload is always a dedicated folder ;)

ICE_9

Post by ICE_9 »

hmm. Ok. I guess I can move FAHMon over to my win smp box.

Team [H]ard OCP.
mgpaulus

Post by mgpaulus »

uncle_fungus,

Would it be possible for you to add a link to the projects.dat file off your main homepage? That way I can go get it when I think I have a new WU not included in my local copy.

Thanks.

Actually, I have been thinking about this a bit more, and I think that what I want is an enhancement request.

I have been looking through the code some, and have been thinking some (the 2nd is the most dangerous part...).

Anyway, what I would like to propose as a change is to the auto update of projects.

Generally, if the WUs I'm getting from Stanford are already in my projects file, then I don't care about my projects file, and it's current
state is good. However, I was thinking that when ProjectsManager::GetProject() returns NULL, that's when we should ask for a projects file update.
Then, if the first try doesn't work, go into a "slow poll" mode, trying every hour or 4 hours or so. Because, realistically, you only need
a new projects file when you get a WU that you don't recognize. And when you get a WU you don't recognize, that's a good time to download
a new projects file. (All this would also be controlled by the autoUpdateProjectDatabase preference....)

Just some thoughts for dialog.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

Post by uncle_fungus »

I can put a link to the extra project update file on the fahmon website somewhere, yes.

In answer to the second question:
At the moment, the project update code is only triggered when the currently running project is not in the internal database. If the internal database is ok, FahMon ignore the update routines.
The 4 hour poll is probably a good idea, as currently FahMon always checks for a project file update when it reloads a client that is running a project not in the database.
francois

Post by francois »

Hi uncle_fungus.

Any idea when you'll release 2.3.2?
Did you have some time to check the bug with the desktop icon transparency problem reported on your tracking system?

Best regards, and Great Holidays to you!
François
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

francois wrote:Hi uncle_fungus.

Any idea when you'll release 2.3.2?
Did you have some time to check the bug with the desktop icon transparency problem reported on your tracking system?

Best regards, and Great Holidays to you!
François
At the moment I don't know when 2.3.2 will be released, as I've been rather busy recently. Once I've fixed some of the bugs we've come across on the this forum, I'll use some of my "free" time over the Christmas holiday period to try and close a few more bugs (if you look at the roadmap, a lot of the tickets for 2.3.2 are documentation, which don't take very long to close).

And no, so far I haven't been able to look at the bug you reported...yet :(
Graywolfie

Post by Graywolfie »

Hello uncle_fungus.

I was playing around with your program (which is great) and the new web feature. I have it working successfully, however the fancy javascript client does not seem to render properly in ie7 (go figure). It works fine in Firefox though. My link is http://www.cyberwolves.us/stats.html and their are 6 clients monitored. In ie7 only one shows but they all should be there since the code for them all shows in view source. It also renders fine in ie6.

I imagine it is in the css and I would play with it myself but I don't know how to deal with the part that generates the page. If you could look into it when you get the chance or give me some insight, that would be great.

Great work on your project. I have been looking for a good way to display monitored results on the web for a while.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

It's working fine with Firefox ;)

Pette Broad
Hardware configuration: CPU folding on only one machine a laptop

GPU Hardware..
3 x 460
1 X 260
4 X 250

+ 1 X 9800GT (3 days a week)

Post by Pette Broad »

Doesn't handle the year change. The SMP WU's I downloaded yesterday are showing that they were downloaded -364 days ago and that the preferred and final deadlines are 366 and 367 days away.

Pete
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Pette Broad wrote:Doesn't handle the year change. The SMP WU's I downloaded yesterday are showing that they were downloaded -364 days ago and that the preferred and final deadlines are 366 and 367 days away.

Pete
Yep I know. Unitinfo.txt doesn't contain the year and there's no sanity checking for download dates in the future.

This issue is already fixed for 2.3.2 which does away with unitinfo.txt altogether and uses the queue.dat file instead.