FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

MstrBlstr

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

Post by MstrBlstr »

Needs more to read though. ;)

-=MB=-
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

MstrBlstr wrote:Needs more to read though. ;)

Not necessarily. The web output quite often does that the first time it generates the page. After a couple of updates it will start working properly (the page is generated at the same time as the clients are updated).
hrsetrdr

Post by hrsetrdr »

ICE_9 wrote:as far as a website, I use the 10MB space my ISP gave me when I signed up with them. Second, FAHmon aldready exports the information to 3 types of http files. And third, I used a dedicated boxen to upload the http file I wanted every 5 minutes to the free web space I have online.
Very clean setup, something I would find "do-able".
Folding rig:Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD | (2) Xeon E5-2670 | 128GB DDR3 ECC Registered

Install Folding@Home on Linux without Python dependancy issues
MstrBlstr

Post by MstrBlstr »

uncle_fungus wrote:
MstrBlstr wrote:Needs more to read though. ;)
Not necessarily. The web output quite often does that the first time it generates the page. After a couple of updates it will start working properly (the page is generated at the same time as the clients are updated).
Ahhhh, so I have to leave FAHmon ON all the time then.... LOL ;) Makes perfect sense.

Nicely done U_F... Not sure how I missed that. Other than the fact that you had it nicely hidden. And the fact that I neglected to RTFM... :roll:

EDIT:Much better now. :D

-=MB=-
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

There's a temporary workaround for the p3906 issue here: http://fahmon.net/news/archives/2008/01 ... _28_31.txt
This does not require you to hexedit the projects.dat file.

FahMon might still break on WUs 3903,5,8 due to a bug in the monitoring code which cannot be fixed by updating the project list. This is already fixed in svn and will be included in the next release.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

RAH wrote:I see someone has already posted about the 39XX wus and 50 frames.

So my question is:
Uncle Fungus would it be to much trouble to make the "projects" dat file a normal dat file that could
be opened with wordpad. That way we could just mod it to correctness. Like we used to do with
the EMIII file.

If not, then the file can be opened with a Hex editor. Look for the Hexdecimal 982132.
Change the 32 to 64. Safe and close. Reopen FaHMon and the WU is now seen correctly.
The problem is not really the ability to mod it, its the fact that when you do, an (automatic) update will clobber the mods you have made.
Changing the projects.dat file to be plain text would require a complete re-write of the project manager btw.

It's fairly easy to mod the data without resorting to hexediting anyhow, just download psummary to your local machine, correct the data, and then use it as your local update source. (Thats basically what I've done for the above post).
leexgx
Hardware configuration: snip

Post by leexgx »

http://www.greenfrog.biz/FAHmon390xfix.html

save to pc as html (should any way) and load it up via local in FAHmon

i can allso report FAHmon uses alot of CPU when checking fahlogs.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

leexgx wrote:http://www.greenfrog.biz/FAHmon390xfix.html

save to pc as html (should any way) and load it up via local in FAHmon
erm, see three posts up (viewtopic.php?p=5503#p5503)?
leexgx wrote:i can allso report FAHmon uses alot of CPU when checking fahlogs.
What OS are you using, how many clients is FahMon monitoring, and are they being accessed via a network?

Edit: One other thing, have you got experimental reloads turned on?
Ren02

Post by Ren02 »

Uncle_fungus, is fahinfo also run by you? If so then project 3906 has the same issue over there, the calculated PPD are twice as high as they should be.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Ren02 wrote:Uncle_fungus, is fahinfo also run by you? If so then project 3906 has the same issue over there, the calculated PPD are twice as high as they should be.
Indeed it is, unfortunately it's even more difficult for me to fix the project list there, as it is auto-generated every hour. What I have to do in go into the database and correct the duff scores.
Ren02

Post by Ren02 »

Damn, that's no good.
Perhaps Kasson should be contacted instead. I think it was his project..
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

uncle_fungus wrote:
What OS are you using, how many clients is FahMon monitoring, and are they being accessed via a network?

I noticed this too when fahmon have been running for a long time ... the ppd on the machine hosting fahmon drops because of fahmon using CPU time :(

I monitor cliens though network, but i don't have experimental reloads enabled ...

Stopping and restarting fahmon always solves the problem for some days ... and it starts again.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

toTOW wrote:
uncle_fungus wrote:

I noticed this too when fahmon have been running for a long time ... the ppd on the machine hosting fahmon drops because of fahmon using CPU time :(

I monitor cliens though network, but i don't have experimental reloads enabled ...

Stopping and restarting fahmon always solves the problem for some days ... and it starts again.
Hmm, see these two trac reports: http://trac.fahmon.net/ticket/17 and http://trac.fahmon.net/ticket/79
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Yes my observations look like these reports ... for the polling report, add XP SP2 32 bits too ;)

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
ThunderRd

Post by ThunderRd »

U_F;
I'm trying to install FahMon into Ubuntu and the install is complaining about all kinds of missing libraries. I'm a new Linux user and I'm feeling my way around how to search the repos, but I'm not good at it yet.

Could you give me the exact names of the libraries, packages etc that I will need> I know that I need wxwidgets, but there are so many different libraries I don't know which one to install.