FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

Postby uncle fuzzy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:18 am

rickoic wrote:Perhaps this has been asked and answered before, but I haven't been able to find it, so point me to the post or please give me a clue.

I am running notfred's on different computers and trying to monitor them with fahmon. Trouble is that each notfred uses the same address \\fold-xxxx\c\etc\folding\1

Is there any way of changing the xxxx to a different address?

Tks
Rick

That's the format, but each of my notfred's has a different "xxxx". I've had 12 seperate VM installs, and all had a different xxxx. Unfortunately, FahMon doesn't always like that format, so some of mine are set to the IP for the client.

My current problem. I have one machine where I can't get it to work. This was my first folding machine, so it has worked fine for over 2 years and several upgrades.

XP Pro 32, Q6600, GTX260/216, 8800 GTS 512, 2 2-core VM notfred's (it also has a problem with a 4-core VM)

When I start it, it will display one or both GPUs, but the VMs always show red and Loading... using either address (\\fold- or IP). Once it opens, it never reloads, no matter what I do. I can close and reopen it, and it shows the current completion, but still won't update.

I've uninstalled and downloaded fresh copies several times, but it still does the same thing. I also have to kill fahmon.exe manually most times. Any ideas?
Proud to crash my machines as a Beta Tester!

uncle fuzzy

Postby DTHCND » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Aww :( I got it to run once but now when I type fahmon in a terminal fahmon instantly appears and stops responding... And back in the terminal it says...
Code: Select all
 (fahmon:26447): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 17

(fahmon:26447): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 17
then when I End it's task because it isn't responding it shows in the terminal
Code: Select all
Killed
HELP PLEASE!!!

Edit: Here are some pics of what is happening... Image Image Image
DTHCND

Postby Tynat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 am

Sduibek wrote:Soo... no ideas on why mine is saving no window position, column and other GUI settings then I guess :P

Besides what I mentioned, no. :P
All clients stopped due to Stanford's upcoming September 2011 decision
Tynat

Postby DTHCND » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:28 am

So no help?
DTHCND

Postby bruce » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:08 am

attempt to allocate widget with width -5

I had a similar problem a long time ago (a much earlier version of FahMon). I never figured out how the window that FahMon had saved got corrupted but I was able to clear the corrupt data by deleting the config folder which put FahMon back to it's initial values and I was able to reconfigure it from there.

I see there are four files in that directory. You may be able to keep portions of your configuration (such as the pointers to you clients) by selecting which files to save and which ones to delete, but I don't know what is stored in each file so I can't help you with that.
bruce

Postby Nathan_P » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Here's a weird one. I've received a couple of the new 578x project sthat have just been released and naturally Fahmon doesn't know anything about them. So i go to benchmarks and ask it to download new projects and it comes up with an error box that says: "Something went wrong" and thats it back to the benchmark screen and no new projects. Anyone any ideas?
Nathan_P

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 am

What version are you using? I am using version 2.3.99.1, I download new projects via Download New Projects on the Tools menu. Benchmarks is a menu option on the Tools menu. Anyway no problems here downloading new projects.
Folding on Slackware Linux.
chrisretusn

Postby Nathan_P » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 pm

chrisretusn wrote:What version are you using? I am using version 2.3.99.1, I download new projects via Download New Projects on the Tools menu. Benchmarks is a menu option on the Tools menu. Anyway no problems here downloading new projects.

Yes same version and yes i got ahead of myself when typing, as i should have put "tools - download new projects". However i still get the "something went wrong" message on my folding rig - on my main rig everything is Ok but it hasn't done one of the 578x projects yet.
Nathan_P

Postby bollix47 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Have you tried moving projects.dat in .fahmon elsewhere (backup) while FAHMON is closed? Start up the program again and see what happens.
bollix47

Postby chrisretusn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:31 am

Nathan_P wrote:i got ahead of myself when typing
Hehe, do that my self; mind faster than keyboard. :)

but it hasn't done one of the 578x projects yet.

That could be the problem, but normally it just list the project as Unknown. I've gotten a few of those before, but no errors with Download New Projects.

bollix47 wrote:Have you tried moving projects.dat in .fahmon elsewhere (backup) while FAHMON is closed? Start up the program again and see what happens.

Good idea, perhaps the projects.dat file got corrupted. Make sure you exit FahMon first.

What will happen is a new projects.dat file will be created. Some projects may be listed as unknown, as a example I have a project running, 6318 (Run 449, Clone 37, Gen 0), that shows "Unknown" for the Core. After downloading a new projects.dat the points also shows as Credits as "Unknown", before it shows "336 points". At any rate, you should not be getting an error any more.
chrisretusn

Postby Nathan_P » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:51 pm

chrisretusn wrote:
Nathan_P wrote:i got ahead of myself when typing
Hehe, do that my self; mind faster than keyboard. :)

but it hasn't done one of the 578x projects yet.

That could be the problem, but normally it just list the project as Unknown. I've gotten a few of those before, but no errors with Download New Projects.

bollix47 wrote:Have you tried moving projects.dat in .fahmon elsewhere (backup) while FAHMON is closed? Start up the program again and see what happens.

Good idea, perhaps the projects.dat file got corrupted. Make sure you exit FahMon first.

What will happen is a new projects.dat file will be created. Some projects may be listed as unknown, as a example I have a project running, 6318 (Run 449, Clone 37, Gen 0), that shows "Unknown" for the Core. After downloading a new projects.dat the points also shows as Credits as "Unknown", before it shows "336 points". At any rate, you should not be getting an error any more.

I can't find a projects.dat file anywhere in the FAhmon directory tree :(
Nathan_P

Postby ChelseaOilman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:30 pm

Nathan_P wrote:I can't find a projects.dat file anywhere in the FAhmon directory tree :(

Look in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\FahMon\Config
ChelseaOilman

Postby Nathan_P » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 pm

ChelseaOilman wrote:
Nathan_P wrote:I can't find a projects.dat file anywhere in the FAhmon directory tree :(

Look in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\FahMon\Config

Thanks for that but still no joy :(
Nathan_P

Postby 7im » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Vista hides some of the system files by default (along with other win versions). Use the advanced search, and enable the search of system files/folders.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby Nathan_P » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 pm

7im wrote:Vista hides some of the system files by default (along with other win versions). Use the advanced search, and enable the search of system files/folders.

Using xp here, i managed to find and delete the file but when Fahmon goes to download the new project file it comes ups with the same "something went wrong" message
Nathan_P

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party contributed software