FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

Postby bollix47 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Can you check the advanced tab under preferences and make sure the address that FAHMON is using to download new projects is set to:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html
bollix47

Postby Nathan_P » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 pm

bollix47 wrote:Can you check the advanced tab under preferences and make sure the address that FAHMON is using to download new projects is set to:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html

Thanks for that - it was set to download psummary.html following advice in an earlier thread, now all i need is for someone to put the project info onto psummary and i'll be good to go
Nathan_P

Postby bruce » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:05 pm

If you look at http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html you'll notice that the data for project 6318 is improperly configured. The guys at Stanford are aware of the problem but it's not yet clear when they'll get it fixed. In the meantime, you won't be able to get correct data and the "something went wrong" will keep happening.
bruce

Postby klefreak » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:55 pm

what do i have to do for getting the right PPD in FAHMon on these new A3 Projekts??
because FahMon 2.3.99.1 doesnt calculate Bonus Points??

-- will this calculations be enabeld in future releases of Fahmon? (becaues i don't like the look of HFM :) )

greetings klemens
klefreak

Postby Tobit » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 pm

klefreak wrote:what do i have to do for getting the right PPD in FAHMon on these new A3 Projekts??

Be patient for a new release of FahMon or switch to HFM.net or FahSpy. Unfortunately, the developer of FAHMon has been quiet for awhile so we don't know when or if it will ever support this.
Tobit

Postby SantaFe » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 am

Cool! Had to reformat my Box with Vista Ultimate on it, too S L O W... So I put Ubuntu 9.10 back on it, pretty fast now but dreaded the old Compile the Linux version, find what's missing, install via synaptic Package manager, repeat till it compiles. So I figure, I've got WINE 1.2 installed, why not. Downloaded the Windows ZIP package & works right from the folder. Anyone have any ideas on how to increase the Windows Font Size? The text IS a bit on the wee side! ;)
Aren't you glad you use http://foldingforum.org! Don't you wish Everybody did? :D
SantaFe

Postby EvilAlchemist » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 am

Tobit wrote:Unfortunately, the developer of FAHMon has been quiet for awhile so we don't know when or if it will ever support this.

The last update to the SVN was 2 months ago. Also no updates on open defect tickets in about the same time frame.
Until Andrew has time to update the application, you will need to use a different program to get the real time data you want.
EvilAlchemist

Re: HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home

Postby Decembermouse » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:57 pm

I installed Fahmon on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, to monitor the regular single-core F@H program. It sees how many points the WU's are and all, but won't calculate PPD. That stays as zero for some reason. What's the deal here? F@H is the console version and is installed right in C: in its own folder.
Decembermouse

Re: HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home

Postby toTOW » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:59 pm

You should post in the Fahmon thread ... not the HFM one :roll:

Edit by Mod: Two posts moved.
Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.

FAH-Addict : latest news, tests and reviews about Folding@Home project.

toTOW
Site Moderator

Postby SantaFe » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 am

Any word of FahMon being updated yet? Got the F@H V6.30 windows SMP client working under WINE, but still wish there was a way to see credits + bonus in Linux FahMon. Of course I COULD run HFM.NET using Mono, but the fonts are so small you can hardly SEE them! Durn this 2048x1200 monitor. ;)
SantaFe

Postby smoking2000 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:08 am

If you want to see development of FahMon you're advised to find developers to adopt FahMon, as Andrew did when François was lacking time to keep developing FahMon.
smoking2000

Postby uncle_fungus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:54 pm

I've just committed some changes in r537 (source only) that will add some basic bonus factor support (main display only). These changes haven't been extensively tested as I'm not running any machines capable of getting bonus factor WUs. Also, at the moment you will have to remove your old projects.dat file otherwise the svn trunk builds will hang at launch (just move ~/.fahmon/projects.dat elsewhere).
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Postby smoking2000 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Wow, welcome back!
smoking2000

Postby SantaFe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Welcome back! :D

Well the good news, I extracted the zip file & it let me start it up without compiling it. ;) The bad news, it didn't show the bonus points for me. I even renamed the .fahmon folder to .fahmonOLD so when I started the trunk build I'd have a clean folder for it to use. But I'll be a good user & wait patiently for the final version. 8-)

Oh yeah, forgot the magic word, THANKS!
SantaFe

Postby uncle_fungus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Yes, should have mentioned that it's source only for the moment. Not sure why it didn't work, but I'll try again tomorrow and see what's up.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party contributed software