New OS X Widget

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

codysluder

Re: New OS X Widget

Post by codysluder »

strayduck wrote:As for the topic at hand, my read on this widget thread is that Pande is taking the common engineering stance of being dismissive towards new ideas (that, in this case, offer a plug to a gaping UI hole for free). I could be wrong, but then again, an outsider has only a few threads like this to make a judgement on.

It looks like the developer is more than willing to work *with* pande to make sure he's doing things the "right" way, if there is an easy tech solution you can say "try it this way" instead of "just stop" or presuming that it was done the wrong way without asking.
Neither you nor I know if the developer has discussed the issues with Dr. Pande, nor do we know there is any kind of a dismissive attitude toward new ideas. The stance that a 3rd party script should not repeatedly reference the cgi scripts is not new although it appears to have been unknown by the widget developer. I've already said that I believe that a "click to refresh" is going to be acceptable and a timer-based script is not. That has nothing to do with a new idea, but until we hear the results of a dialog between the two of them, we're both just guessing.

How about we let them discuss it and work it out.
strayduck

Post by strayduck »

Works for me. Good luck guys!
pgwalsh
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 3.0 XEON

Post by pgwalsh »

The remote only version has been posted on my site. You may access it here: http://sites.google.com/site/pgwalsh/f-h-wudget

A solution will be found, so let's not waste any more energy here. Thanks! :mrgreen:
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

The solution is probably to use the appropriate "fast team pages", such as
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/teamstats/team1971.html
pgwalsh

Post by pgwalsh »

calxalot wrote:The solution is probably to use the appropriate "fast team pages", such as
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/teamstats/team1971.html
Already use it, but used other pages as well. The fast team pages only list the top 2000 teams as well.
pgwalsh

Post by pgwalsh »

Extreme Overclocking was very kind and offered their stats system. So I will have an update in the next couple weeks. Their will be some changes, with additions and subtractions, but it should stay pretty much the same.