FCI: Folding@Home Client Info (Web based client monitor)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

smoking2000

Re: FCI: Folding@Home Client Info (Web based client monitor)

Post by smoking2000 »

I'm not back yet, but I had a look at the changes between Date::Manip 5.xx and 6.xx and found the culprit:
Approximate date/date calculations

In Date::Manip 5.xx, the approximate delta between the two dates:

Code: Select all

Jan 10 1996 noon
Jan  7 1998 noon
was +1:11:4:0:0:0:0 (or 1 year, 11 months, 4 weeks). As of Date::Manip 6.0, the delta is +2:0:-0:3:0:0:0 (or 2 years minus 3 days). Although this leads to mixed-sign deltas, it is actually how more people would think about the delta. It has the additional advantage of being MUCH easier and faster to calculate.
I'll have to write a new delta_format() to deal with this change, or take a whole new approach entirely.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.6.2

Most of the old changes for this release have been available in Subversion for some time already, this is the first official release in which these changes are included. For those of you wanting to stay current can track the changes in SVN which should always apply to the last offical release. All distruptive changes for the next release are done elsewhere.

This new release includes all the changes from SVN and some important bugfixes.

Bugfix: Support for Date::Manip 6.xx delta format

fci-update-xml-files.pl now handles the new delta format used in Date::Manip 6.xx when formatting its deltas.

Bugfix: Psummary parsing

fci-update-stanford-files.pl now handles the new project description URL containing ."overusingIPswillbebanned", and email addresses in the contact field.

Status changes for the project summary are now only displayed in verbose mode so you no longer get an email from cron with only project status changes. :)

Improved Functionality: Client state markers

fci-update-xml-files.pl is now able to detect core download errors for which the client state marker c is used, and upload failures for the current work unit indicated by u. Links to the lines in the FAHlog where these events were detected are displayed as a warning on the client page.

Improved Functionality: Client history RRD graphs

The average upload and download rates are now also plotted. the values are retrieved from the queue.dat by qd, not from the FAHlog.

Minor Changes

team-stats.plc Removed link to the XML file which is no longer used.

All show/hide inactive links in the web interface now use the rel='nofollow' attribute to prevent webcrawlers from following these links.

The lastest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website, or you can use the direct link.
jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

thank you smoking2000! i am installing now.
jimerickson
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

when updating xml files am getting this error. it was a clean install and i am using subversion. obviously i have configured something incorrectly but can't figure out what it might be. let me know what else i need to post. cpan reports i am using Date::Manip 6.11.

Code: Select all

Changing working directory to: /var/www/fci/

Reading XML files:
 xml-data/project-summary.xml
  read in: 2.88063 wallclock secs ( 2.73 usr +  0.02 sys =  2.75 CPU)
 xml-data/jmol-projects.xml
  read in: 2.82141 wallclock secs ( 2.67 usr +  0.00 sys =  2.67 CPU)
 xml-data/known-projects.xml
  read in: 0.00311995 wallclock secs ( 0.00 usr +  0.00 sys =  0.00 CPU)
 xml-data/client-list.xml
  read in: 0.00058198 wallclock secs ( 0.00 usr +  0.00 sys =  0.00 CPU)
 xml-data/username-list.xml
  read in: 0.000879049 wallclock secs ( 0.00 usr +  0.00 sys =  0.00 CPU)
 xml-data/team-list.xml
  read in: 0.000725031 wallclock secs ( 0.00 usr +  0.00 sys =  0.00 CPU)
XML files read in: 5.70808 wallclock secs ( 5.41 usr +  0.02 sys =  5.43 CPU)

Processing client: odysseus

Checking last update ...
Not an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Date/Manip/Date.pm line 1352.
jimerickson
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

i had to revert to libdate-manip-perl 6.05-1 and install libyaml-syck-perl 1.07-1build1. this was on ubuntu 10.04 LTS amd64. could you please check my site? xml files successfully update but still having time per frame problems.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

You should not revert packages from your distro. Make sure you run only packages from lucid and don't mix packages from karmic or CPAN (Ubuntu has packages for all Perl modules used).

Also do a complete reinstall of the FCI server, I think you have some corrupted data files left over from the previous failed install.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

I've been able to reproduce your problem on my Ubuntu 10.04 VM where I noticed that I hadn't made the changes to deal with Date::Manip 6.xx everywhere.

New release of FCI: v1.6.3

Bugfix: More support for Date::Manip 6.xx

Using 'now' instead of 'today' in time_format(). It also only accepts numeric values to prevent it choking on 'n/a' values, which causes problems for clients without TPF values.

fci-generate-queue-graphs.pl also had a time_format() subroutine but this was not used outside of some debug code that has since been removed. So this subroutine has been removed too.

Minor Changes

fci-update-jmol-projects.pl Added mapping for code abbreviation: OG => OPENMMGPU

The lastest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website, or you can use the direct link.
jimerickson
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

thank you smokin2000! everything is resolved with version 1.6.3. sorry for the cpan mix up. i had been working on a gentoo machine previously and gotten confused. but i learned my lesson it won't happen again. thanks again for all you do.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

Gentoo is a world of difference compared to binary packages crowd indeed :) It's good to know everything is working for you now too.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Feature request (if it isn't already on the list), could you graph the average BPPD per client in a fashion similar to the TPF graphs? Also, could you add BPPD to the graphs on fci/?target=performance.plc&show=queue-graphs? Currently it is only PPD, which is interesting but adding BPPD would make it awesome.

Thanks for all your efforts so far!
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

The queue graphs already contain the bonus points, the sub page of performance.plc just shows all client queue graphs on a single page. I think you hadn't run fci-generate-queue-graphs.pl yet, since I see them on your FCI server as expected.

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with the BPPD graphs, it doesn't make much sense to plot these over the course of a single WU. Or do you just want to interactivity the TPF graphs have?
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

smoking2000 wrote:The queue graphs already contain the bonus points, the sub page of performance.plc just shows all client queue graphs on a single page. I think you hadn't run fci-generate-queue-graphs.pl yet, since I see them on your FCI server as expected.

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with the BPPD graphs, it doesn't make much sense to plot these over the course of a single WU. Or do you just want to interactivity the TPF graphs have?
Yes they contain the graphical BPPD per WU, but no textual BPPD *overall average*.

For the BPPD graphs, I'd like to see it be historical, at least for the depth of the 10 queue positions, ideally longer, perhaps like the fci/?target=usernames.plc&show=history&team=14&username=rhavern graphs but per client.

If it isn't readily feasible, that's fine too.

Thanks, Rick
ImageImage
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

RRD graphs of the Bonus PPD exist already, check your client queue history graphs. You'll want to look at the Alternate (Bonus) PPD graphs since these assume the WU is completed and don't show e.g. 10 PPD when only 10% of a 100 points WU has been completed.

The textual overall average can be added to the queue graphs page, I put it on the TODO list.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

smoking2000 wrote:The textual overall average can be added to the queue graphs page, I put it on the TODO list.
The 'Overall Average Bonus PPD' is now displayed on the Queue Graphs page if available for the client in question. This change is available in SVN r85 of performance.plc, and will be included in the next release. I'll gather some more changes before I make a new release, so in the mean time you can get the changes from SVN.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Excellent, thanks.
ImageImage