FCI: Folding@Home Client Info (Web based client monitor)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Shadowtester

Re: FCI: Folding@Home Client Info (Web based client monitor)

Post by Shadowtester »

I had not had time to work with it actually I had a server problem which I had to take care of first but everything should be back to normal this evening.
Shadowtester

smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.3

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.3

Quite a few significant changes in this release, one of the reasons why it took more time to complete than usual since the 1.0 release.

New Feature: Access Control

This release's most prominent feature is the complete overhaul of the authentication functionality, which has been replaced by more powerful access control functionality. It introduces the concept of client accounts, and enhances the user accounts.

In previous releases you could only configure authentication for the main web interface (including client uploads) or only client uploads in the default realm, and you could also configure authentication for the client-data and settings web interface. Now you can configure authentication for every data directory on the FCI server.

In the design of the FCI server it's still the intention that only client uploads, client-data and the settings interface should be protected by authentication, which is therefor the default configuration. But the FCI administrator is now able to choose to protect all or any of the other data directories too, e.g. an FCI administrator may chose to enable authentication for the stanford-data directory to disallow people downloading its data files. You might want to do this if you pay for your bandwidth and don't want people wasting it by downloading your copy of daily_user_summary.txt (which is 25.64 MB at the time of writing).

The new access control functionality manages the access for the client and user accounts by granting access to protected directories. A directory is only protected if its ACL is enabled. There is an ACL for every web accessible directory, there also is one ACL governing client uploads, which is now separately configured from the main authentication, but is overruled by the main ACL if that's enabled. There is also an ACL for client-data which is a bit special. Because client accounts now exist, it's possible to allow an individual client access to only its own client-data. If the client-data ACL is enabled, every (enabled) client account has access to the top level client-data directory, but only the client itself has access to its client specific client-data directory. The user account of each clients contact is also granted access to the client specific client-data directories. This allows you to authenticate for the Client Data realm using your user account, and be granted access to all your clients client-data directories automatically.

Because this type of access control is now possible, there are now direct links to the uploaded client data files on every client page in the FCI web interface. This allows you to immediately access e.g. your FAHlog.txt if you notice in FCI that your client is hanging. In previous releases only the FCI administrator had this ability by manually entering the URL to the file and authenticating using the credentials configured for the client-data site. Now every FCI user can access the client data uploaded by his own clients (assuming he has been sent his user account credentials, and the user account is configured as the contact for his clients by the FCI administrator). :)

The client accounts are slightly enhanced user accounts. A client account is only required for registered clients. A registered client has its own password (username is the client name prefixed with 'client_') which guarantees that it is the only client allowed to overwrite its client files on the FCI server. This feature is useful if you are not the administrator of all the FCI clients on your server and would not like your other users being able to overwrite your client data when they use a client name identical to one of your clients.

Every client in FCI can be assigned a contact (it's not assigned by default). A contact is the user account for the administrator of that client. If you are the admin of more than one FCI client it's recommended to use your user account credentials to authenticate against the FCI server, because the user account set as the contact for a client is also allowed to overwrite the data of the client in question. If you are trying to overwrite the client data for a client that your are not the contact of, access will be denied (403 Forbidden). As an FCI user you may choose to request registration of your clients for the same reasons. :)

The user and client accounts are now also stored centrally. Instead of having a separate .htpasswd file in each directory to protect as in previous FCI releases, all accounts are now stored in the same .htpasswd file and access to the various directories is implemented using .htgroups now. Also instead of having only one account (usually the FCI administrator account) for each protected directory, multiple accounts can be granted access. A special group of users, those with administrator privileges, can also be granted access to each ACL via a single setting (Allow Administrator). This allows you to e.g. allow all FCI administrator accounts access to the client-data of all clients (even those it's not the contact of).

New Feature: FAH Client & Operating System icons

Aka the "FCI is starting to look more like Nagios every release" feature. This release adds icons for the FAH client type (tooltip shows the exact type and version details), and operating system icons (with the details as far as provided by the FCI client: Linux distro and kernel versions, Windows favor en kernel version, or FreeBSD/OpenBSD release, or just which major OS in the case of pre-1.0 FCI clients that didn't send detailed OS info).

These icons make it much easier to identify what system your FCI & FAH client are running on, and to make a distinction between the FCI clients and their relative performance. The FCI server for Fatal Error Group for instance shows a happy mix of clients on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Debian, various releases and flavours of Ubuntu, and one lonely Mac.

To easily see what kind of FAH client is running, the icons have a distinct color. The SMP client is green, the GPU client is red, and the CPU client is blue. These colors (or colours if you so prefer :ewink:) were chosen because they're primary colors, and quite conveniently red and blue are on one side of the color wheel and green is on the other. This nicely illustrates the difference between the High Performance (GPU & SMP) clients and the classic (CPU) client.

New Feature: Support for Slackware (Client & Server)

In my effort to support all the major Operating Systems on which the FAH client may be run, I've updated the installer & installation instructions to support Slackware Linux too. Slackware was not initially supported with the FCI 1.0 release because it took me too much time (both wallclock and CPU) to setup a Slackware VM and compile all the software required for FCI. But since I also support Gentoo, I finally took the (wallclock) time to setup the VM and allowed VMware the (CPU) time of the FAH client to compile all the software. Fortunately I didn't have to compile apache, which came with the default (full) installation.

Installation instructions on the FCI project website: INSTALL.Slackware

Improved Functionality: Client State Markers

The client state markers now include more detailed information in their tooltip. The progress state warning (!) & critical (!) markers now include the time between the preferred & final deadline and the expected time of completion.

The inactive client state marker (I) now includes the time since the last upload in its tooltip. The client state marker for new clients (*) also includes this information in its tooltip for its first upload.

There is now also a client state marker for general error conditions (e). This is currently used when the qd-data uploaded by the FCI client contained an error, e.g. qd could not read the queue.dat on the client.

Another new client state marker is for when fci-update-xml-files.pl detects that the FAH client is shutdown (s), its tooltip only shows the same message as the last line of the FAHlog.txt: Folding@Home Client Shutdown.

Bugfix: fci-update-eoc-stats.pl

As a precautionary measure fci-update-eoc-stats.pl would quit if it encountered an error (not 200 OK) while downloading the EXTREME Overclocking Folding@Home Stats. If it tried to download the stats for a user that doesn't exist in the stats (yet), EOC would return with an error (404 Not Found) causing fci-update-eoc-stats.pl to stop downloading the stats for all the other users too. Now the script will try continue to download the stats for the other users, but if it encounters errors for 5 users, it will still quit. This is to make sure the EOC server is not continuously sent erroneous requests.

Not a bugfix, but a minor enhancement. The sleep time between requests is now configurable using the -s or --sleep commandline argument. The minimum sleep time is 1 second, the default is 2 seconds. The default used to be 1 second, but was incremented to 2 because the EOC server sometimes returned a warning in HTML for the XML request that corrupted the XML file cached by the FCI server. The HTML warning told the user to wait a minute between requests. The 1 minute sleep time is not enforced by the EOC server as you might expect (the XML FAQ says: "Try to rate limit your queries. By that I mean don't try to make a couple dozen queries in one second."), and 2 seconds has currently shown to be the safe default.

Bugfix: fci-client.pl

This release also includes a fix for the problem that newer versions of the downloaded qdinfo.dat are not used by the FCI client if the date in the version string is the same as that of the qdinfo.dat already on disk. It also saves the downloaded qdinfo.dat to disk if the pg date of the downloaded qdinfo.dat is newer than the one on disk, even if the date in the version strings is identical.

Minor Changes

fci-update-jmol-projects.pl has been updated to know about the Jmol abbreviation for the new 0x14 core: GROGPU2-MT (Jmol: GG2MT).

fci-update-project-images.pl has been updated to redirect the output of the rasmol command (both STDOUT & STDERR) to /dev/null. This is a nice fix if you have your cron configured to email you any output of your cronjobs. You don't want an email every time the script generates images for recently added known-projects, you only want emails if it encounters an error while doing this. At least I do. :D

Since this release includes a new version of fci-client.pl it's highly recommended that any FCI client you admin are updated to this new release.

The lastest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website:
http://fci.bile.nl/?target=downloads.plc

Or you can use the direct link:
http://fci.bile.nl/downloads/fci-1.3.tar.gz
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

One question do you need to uninstall any previous version prior to installing 1.3 for the clients and server? Or can you just install over the previous version?
Shadowtester

smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

This version does not account for upgrades yet, so you have to do a complete reinstall to be sure.

But you can also just overwrite the existing install with the modified files, just make sure the permissions are set right.
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

Ok I tried installing using the following procedure to remove the previous install

Code: Select all

rm -rf /var/www/fci /usr/local/bin/fci*
Then I ran the install on my Debian Etch server to install the server and client and edited the fci-client.pl for each of my clients like I had done on the previous version however when i tried to run the client I received the following error and when I tried to access the web page I received a 500 internal server error

shadowtester@Shuttle:/usr/local/bin$ ./SMP-fci-client.pl
Global symbol "%args" requires explicit package name at ./SMP-fci-client.pl line 653.
Global symbol "%args" requires explicit package name at ./SMP-fci-client.pl line 653.
Global symbol "%args" requires explicit package name at ./SMP-fci-client.pl line 675.
Global symbol "%args" requires explicit package name at ./SMP-fci-client.pl line 680.
Global symbol "%args" requires explicit package name at ./SMP-fci-client.pl line 680.
Execution of ./SMP-fci-client.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
shadowtester@Shuttle:/usr/local/bin$

Any ideas what I did wrong?
Shadowtester

smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.3.1

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.3.1
Shadowtester wrote:Then I ran the install on my Debian Etch server to install the server and client and edited the fci-client.pl for each of my clients like I had done on the previous version however when i tried to run the client I received the following error and when I tried to access the web page I received a 500 internal server error.

Any ideas what I did wrong?
You didn't do anything wrong, once again I had released code that I hadn't tested fully on Apache 2, that's what caused your internal server error. mod_perl2 on apache2 doesn't like it if you use subroutines but don't pass them all the variables according to the prototype, apache 1 doesn't complain about this it just uses the global variables.

The %args errors in FCI client were caused by me copying code from FCI server but not fixing the variables names as used in FCI client.

Both these issues have been fixed in v1.3.1.

The lastest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website:
http://fci.bile.nl/?target=downloads.plc

Or you can use the direct link:
http://fci.bile.nl/downloads/fci-1.3.1.tar.gz
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

I just did another install using the new fci-1.3.1 and modified the fci-client.py exactly like I did for 1.3 then I reloaded apache2 so the changes would take effect and I then tried to run the fci-client.py files with the exact same errors as before with 1.3 and the same 500 internal server error when I tried to view the web page.

Global symbol "%args" requires explicit package name at ./SMP-fci-client.pl line 675.
Execution of ./SMP-fci-client.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
Shadowtester

smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

You didn't use the new fci-client.pl in fci-1.3.1:

680         $ua->credentials($netloc, $realm, $cfg{username}, $cfg{password});
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

Here is the first few lines from the fci-client.pl that I am using which I got from 1.3.1

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#
# File     : fci-client.pl
# Author   : Bas Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl>
# License  : GPL
#

use strict;
use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Request::Common;
use File::Basename;
use File::Copy;
use Date::Calc;
use Sys::Hostname;
use Getopt::Mixed "nextOption";

# configuration defaults
my $version  = '1.2.1';
my $hostname = hostname;
if($hostname =~ s/^(.*?)\..*$/$1/){} # strip domain name from hostname
my $fci_dir  = set_fci_dir();
my $bin_dir  = '/usr/local/bin/';
my $data_dir = '/usr/local/share/fci/';

my %cfg = (
		'self'               => 'fci-client.pl',
		'version'            => $version,

'client-name'        => "Shuttle-SMP",
		'fah-dir'            => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/',
		'fci-dir'            => $fci_dir,
		'bin-dir'            => $bin_dir,

'queue-file'         => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/queue.dat',
		'client-cfg-file'    => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/client.cfg',
		'fahlog-file'        => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/FAHlog.txt',
		'fahlog-prev-file'   => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/FAHlog-Prev.txt',
		'myfolding-file'     => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/MyFolding.html',
		'unitinfo-file'      => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/unitinfo.txt',
		'zyx-file'           => '/home/shadowtester/FAH_SMP/work/current.xyz',

'fci-conf-file'      => $fci_dir.'fci-client.conf',
		'qdinfo-file'        => $fci_dir.'qdinfo.dat',
		'qd-bin'             => $bin_dir.'qd',
		'master-qd-bin'      => $bin_dir.'qd',
		'master-qdinfo-file' => $data_dir.'qdinfo.dat',
		'qd'                 => 'qd',
		'no-qd-update'       => 0,
		'update-qd'          => 0,

'lsb-release-bin'    => '/bin/lsb_release',

'url' 	             => 'http://192.168.0.120/fci/index.pl',
		'useragent'          => 'fci-client/'.$version,
It lists the version at 1.2.1 where the older fci 1.3 was version 1.2
Shadowtester

Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

Sorry you were correct when I was copied the new fci-client.py files with the edited info into the /usr/local/bin directory to overwrite the older files they were not overwritten. I have deleted the old files and copied the new one and now the only error I get is this when I run the fci-client.py file

Error: Server did not respond properly!
HTTP Status: 500 Internal Server Error
Any ideas about the 500 Internal Server Error and how to fix it?
Shadowtester

smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

Not without the related log messages in your apache error_log.

And you shouldn't edit the fci-client.pl file directly, you should use the commandline arguments to overwrite the build in defaults. Put the full command including arguments in a wrapper script if you mind typing the whole command every time and cannot copy/paste this from your history.
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

Here is the apache2 error log and thank you again for your help.

[Sun Mar 15 06:26:59 2009] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Mar 15 06:26:59 2009] [warn] module scgi_module is already loaded, skipping
PHP Warning:  Module 'json' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[Sun Mar 15 06:27:00 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch13 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_scgi/1.11 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Mar 15 06:31:55 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 06:31:59 2009] [error] [client 192.168.0.101] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 06:51:18 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 06:51:21 2009] [error] [client 192.168.0.101] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 07:02:18 2009] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Sun Mar 15 07:02:18 2009] [warn] module scgi_module is already loaded, skipping
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.0.120 for ServerName
[Sun Mar 15 07:02:19 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch13 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_scgi/1.11 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Mar 15 07:03:45 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 07:07:29 2009] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Sun Mar 15 07:07:29 2009] [warn] module scgi_module is already loaded, skipping
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.0.120 for ServerName
[Sun Mar 15 07:07:30 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch13 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_scgi/1.11 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Mar 15 07:13:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 07:13:22 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 07:15:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 07:17:09 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 07:17:12 2009] [error] [client 192.168.0.101] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 07:30:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 07:45:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:00:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:08:42 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:08:45 2009] [error] [client 192.168.0.101] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 08:15:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:16:46 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:18:25 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:18:41 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:18:45 2009] [error] [client 192.168.0.101] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 08:22:26 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:24:32 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:24:39 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:30:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:30:10 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:45:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 08:45:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:00:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:00:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:15:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:15:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:19:10 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:19:10 2009] [error] [client 80.127.43.69] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 09:19:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:19:13 2009] [error] [client 80.127.43.69] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 09:19:13 2009] [error] [client 80.127.43.69] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Mar 15 09:30:01 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:30:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:45:02 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 09:45:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 10:00:02 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 10:00:11 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 10:00:20 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 10:08:29 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
[Sun Mar 15 10:08:32 2009] [error] [client 192.168.0.101] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
Shadowtester

smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

I see now, I forgot to mention the new perl modules now used by the FCI server which you'll need to install. You can see it in the error message:

[Sun Mar 15 06:31:55 2009] [error] Can't locate Mail/RFC822/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/fci/index.pl line 19.\n
It's mentioned in the Installation instructions though:

Perl Module           | Debian Package             
------------------------+----------------------------
Server:                 |                            
- LWP::UserAgent        | libwww-perl                
- Date::Calc            | libdate-calc-perl          
- Date::Manip           | libdate-manip-perl         
- XML::Simple           | libxml-simple-perl         
- Data::Dumper          | libdata-dumper-simple-perl 
- Apache::Htpasswd      | libapache-htpasswd-perl    
- Getopt::Mixed         | libgetopt-mixed-perl       
- MIME::Lite            | libmime-lite-perl          
- GD::Graph             | libgd-graph-perl           
- Image::Magick         | perlmagick                 
- Mail::RFC822::Address | libmail-rfc822-address-perl
- HTML::Entities        | libhtml-parser-perl (libwww-perl)
                        |                            
Server with Apache 2.x: |                            
- Apache2::Request      | libapache2-request-perl    
- Apache2::Upload       | libapache2-request-perl    
Installing the package libmail-rfc822-address-perl solves the problem.

This modules is used to verify the email address for the new user accounts.
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

Ok thank you for the help that got it up and going partially but I am still having a problem with the access control module here are some of the errors I am getting

Error running access-control.plc:

Failed to read site access control XML! at (eval 33) line 1581.
And I have not been able to add a user or clients to the server setup.
Shadowtester

smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

I ran into this error too, while testing the 1.3.1 release in several of my VMs. A fix is in the works.