FahMon displays in UTC + 0 only

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Dave

FahMon displays in UTC + 0 only

Post by Dave »

I run FahMon to track my projects. From FahMon --> Preferences... in the menu bar, I clicked on the System tab. The last setting on the System tab is a checkbox to manually set the timezone to UTC + a number, which may be positive or negative. I am in the Central Time Zone, so I checked the box and entered -6 to indicate UTC - 6. I then clicked OK to apply the new settings. As an extra measure, I shut down FahMon and then restarted it. However, it still displays times in my log in UTC + 0, which really frustrates me. Sure, I can do the time conversion in my head, but what is the point of the UTC setting if it doesn't apply to the times displayed in the log? Am I overlooking something, or is it just that FahMon doesn't use this setting? Perhaps I am forgetting to do something, but I am reasonably sure that this is probably not the case. Help please, someone? :oops:
John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Re: FahMon displays in UTC + 0 only

Post by John Naylor »

The times in the log file are always in UTC+0, because it helps with debugging server issues if all clients use the one time zone. Changing the time zone in FahMon corrects the clock for that program, but has no effect on the time zone printed by the client. As such, you are doing nothing wrong, but there is also nothing you can do to change the time printed in the log file.
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

John is correct, FahMon doesn't adjust the times printed by FAHlog.txt, it uses the timezone setting to calculate the ETA correctly.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Understood. Thanks, guys! :)