How do you get the visualizers to work?

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

spence.lacy

How do you get the visualizers to work?

Post by spence.lacy »

How do you get the visualizers to work? I tried all three (that are compatible with Windows). I couldn't get Jmol, xfpd, or FoldinGL to work. I read how to do it on their websites. But it doesn't work!
codysluder

Re: Tools list

Post by codysluder »

The visualizer programs are designed to work with the classic client and the smp client but not with the gpu client. The internal method of sending graphics data changed.
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

Jmol still works, but only with xyz generating core's. If xfpd is the viewer also used in Increase it should still work as well as mac clients don't include the gpu which doesn't generate the needed files.

Btw, John there is a new stats page on http://www.xcpus.com/folding/foldingteamlist.aspx which is I think pretty good and should be listed here? It was only announced as beta, but as there are no bugs or issues I know about, and since it's the quickest stats site I know off atm they get my recommodation for interested donors. ( Though I still use EOC personally ).

Some of the install tools are also aimed at v5 clients, and I'm not sure how they work with the v6 clients?
John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Post by John Naylor »

@spence.lacy: I do not know, I have not tried them sorry :(

@MtM: I'll add that site and check the install tools when I have posted this.

EDIT: @MtM: I removed the two service installers as so far as I can tell all that functionality is built into the clients already.
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.