FahMon hangs downloading new projects

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

SavantStrike

FahMon hangs downloading new projects

Post by SavantStrike »

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 X86_64 and have FahMon-2.3.4 installed, but am running into some serious trouble getting it to work. Around two months ago I installed it and it worked fine up until recently when it has failed to work properly. Whenever I start FahMon, it starts and there is a popup stating it is downloading new projects, but it never downloads the new projects and it just hangs there (also not displaying the monitored clients). I have to force it to quit and start it again, only to get the same problem.

I have tried running the make file again and re installing FahMon, but have had no luck. It briefly worked and then decided to take a dive again. Stranger still is the fact that I have installed it on two different machines (both running Ubuntu 8.10) and have the same problem on both boxes. I originally had errors stating that FahMon couldn't find my web browser (or at least that's what I interpreted them to mean) but did not write them down, and they are not there anymore either...

Is there something I can do to fix this problem?
Folding 24x7 IHS
Team 31630. Nerds For Jesus. Join us, we could use the help! Or check us out at nerdsforjesus.org
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: FahMon hangs downloading new projects

Post by uncle_fungus »

Wait for 2.4.0 to be released, a lot of things have been cleaned up, and this shouldn't happen anymore. Should only be a couple more days to wait.
50KALKILLER

Re: FahMon hangs downloading new projects

Post by 50KALKILLER »

I have similar but on windows vista home prem x86_64. What it does is it fails to get the current projects but about 20% done of the WU later, it picks up on it being an active project and properly downloads the info.