maxFAH ( installer/manager/monitor for windows )

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Athlonite
Hardware configuration: Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX8320 @3.8GHz
Mushkin DDR3-2400MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 *GB OC 1375/2000MHz
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + 11TB's of HDD storage
Silverstone ST75F-P (750W) PSU & Silverstone raVen RV02B-W + USB3 Upgrade case

Re: maxFAH ( installer/manager/monitor for windows )

Post by Athlonite »

hmmm nice program but i get an error when it tries to start an second instance of F@H
[09:12:24] CoreStatus = FFFFFFF6 (-10)
[09:12:24] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xfffffff6
[09:12:24] This is a sign of more serious problems, shutting down

system config:
amd athlon x2 7750be @2.7GHz
Asus M3A32MVP-Deluxe
1x Asus EAH2600xt ddr4 256MB (pci-e x16 @ x16) ATI reference design
1x ATI HD2600xt ddr4 256MB (pci-e x16 @ x16) ATI reference design
4x 1GB DDR2-1066MHz Corsair Dominator @ 5-5-5-15 CL2
Asus Strix X470F Gaming
AMD R7 3700
16GB GSkill trident Z DDR4-3200
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA SSD
Gigabyte RX580 8GB
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Re: maxFAH ( installer/manager/monitor for windows )

Post by MtM »

tobor wrote:I D/L maxfah and extrcted back to desktop.
I hit the .exe but nothing happens?
I'm running XP hm sp2
Hi there tobor, I am sorry to inform you but I can't offer support at this moment for maxFah ( need to edit the first post to reflect this, my bad ).

maxFah's setup procedure has not proven itself to be as stable as I thought it would be, mostly caused by the workarounds needed to install the clients properly, and by the current hardware detection not working with the current downloadable setup files. The executable depends on other components ( cuda.net ) which are not registerable from within the executable itself something I did not realise during debugging. In the thread this is mentioned already, and I treid a diffrent approach and it did not work.

If you want the technical story, for maxFah's current code to run properly I would have to create a setup package for maxFah which registers the components needed to run the install, run's the setup executable, and then removes the components ( cuda.net is under heavy development, having an older version on a machine where someone might also be using another version might cause more trouble then I'm willing to troubleshoot even if backwards compatibility is guaranteed for now ) while copying the executable to another location as the setup and monitoring parts are in the same file only using diffrent parameters to start.

I am working on another solution, where the monitoring part is totally left out as I am a great fan of HFM.net a monitoring client written in c# which runs on linux through mono. So, I am rewriting the entire setup to also be mono compatible, and am no longer focussing on monitoring code atm. When the installation part is done, I am considering releasing as both standalone installer with the option to download HFM.net for the monitoring afterwards ( automaticly adding clients which are installed by the installer ) and as plugin code for Harlam so he might include it in the HFM.net application itself. Both options open atm, and as it's open source anyone can do anything they please with the code when released.

Then there is also the thread here where a f@h developer is asking for input on how the 3rd party dev's would prefere to interface with the clients, the outcome of that thread will influence any future project development.

Sorry for the inconvenience, if you want my help setting up your clients without maxFah send me a pm and I'll be glad to help offcourse :)

Marvin